Model Cars Magazine Forum

Constitution Class Starship

On 10/28/2018 at 11:06 PM, David G. said:

Thanks Peter.

Yes, I do use a circular florescent. How could you tell?

I also use a couple of LED flashlights with homemade diffusers and a tap light.

David G.

LOL, that will forever remain my secret!

Just kidding.  I saw the telltale broken circle reflection in several of  your photos (on the shiny hemispherical engine intakes, or whatever those are called).  I also often use my circular fluorescent magnifier lamp for illuminating my photo subjects, so I'm quite familiar with what its reflection looks like. :D  I can also tell that it took some time to set up those photos. Like I said, job well done!

Edited by peteski

• 4 weeks later...

Really nice build of this kit. I have a buddy that built the same kit but added LED lights inside the hull and the engine sections. He then ran the wires down to the base through the ship. Engineering that in during the build was a feat. He could then control the lights and it looked really good in a mostly dark room.

Great job!

On 11/26/2018 at 7:40 PM, r60man said:

Really nice build of this kit. I have a buddy that built the same kit but added LED lights inside the hull and the engine sections. He then ran the wires down to the base through the ship. Engineering that in during the build was a feat. He could then control the lights and it looked really good in a mostly dark room.

Great job!

Thanks John. I thought about doing that and I love the idea, but it's a bit beyond my current skill set.

I'm glad you like it though.

David G.