Model Cars Magazine Forum

2018 NNL Motor City....full coverage here!

tim boyd

The 2018 edition of the NNL Motor City is underway as this is being posted, and appears to be a smashing success. The event organizers report that 324 exhibitor tables were sold, with 322 vendors actually present. This is an increase of 40 vendors from the spring,2018 show, necessitating yet another show floor expansion.

The NNL Model Display is somewhat smaller than other NNL events, but the quality of models was outstanding.

Just as we did back when I was on the staff at Street Rodder magazine and we'd be given a bag of film rolls and instructed to go photograph all the cars at the Street Rod Nationals that we thought coverage-worthy, I've photographed each model and then immediately followed that with a photo of the builder's name. Thus, each model is followed with the information on the builder. I still think it is important to identify who does these great works of art, even if in the 1/1 scale world today that practice seems to be going by the wayside.

Also, you will see extensive coverage of the product line of Moebius models, including a number of new kits. Several of these kits will be available by early next year; watch your favorite columns and websites for more specific timing as the introductions as they occur.

Grab a cup of coffee, a cold beer, or whatever other refreshing drink  you choose, and use the "Roll" Feature to rapidly scroll through all these images in full size form. And consider adding the NNL Motor City to your travel plans next year......TIM

DSC 0349

10 hours ago, peter31a said:

Great pics, Tim. Saw you there yesterday but did not get a chance to day hello. Dean Milano and Mat Irvine were behind us in line. I recognized Dean but did not realize that was Mat Irvine. It was a great show.

Peter..sorry we missed each other. 

Got me meet and talk to Mat at the Moebius booth....I need to order a copy of his book.   And as you probably already know, I featured a number of Dean's replica stock builds in my own book published earlier this year….

Best......TIM 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...