Model Cars Magazine Forum

colt build up

John Pol

Hi John,  the only thing I can add is this photo of the car that I have.........note it's a "short" car unlike Waynes.  What's really odd, or interesting to note is that my pic and yours are similar in that they're the shorter car but the stars are different if you look closely.  On my pic below you'll note the blue wraps around like Waynes but his stars are completely white like yours.  In my pic it shows what looks like gold medallions commemorating specific polices departments or agencies inside them. My best guess and choice would be to wrap the blue around like Waynes pic and add white stars over the hood, trunk and down the sides as they show.  Hope I didn't confuse the matter and it's of some help.  I tried to pick out the class and number on the windshields to see if I could get a match but I can't make out the ones on the window on other than it looks  like 440 (can't make out the class however) whereas your pic is 335 a/fx class & Waynes is number 2041.  If I come across any others I'll be happy to share.  Cheers, Tim

image.png.46a245e1b22cdf8db43183d4667aa50b.png

1 hour ago, 1320wayne said:

This is the closest shot that I have showing a portion of the rear of the car. It's the stretched car but should be the same as the earlier version. My best guess would be that the blue stripe wraps completely up and over the trunk area.

RSDStretchedColt-vi.jpg

Hi wayne do you know if he had stars on the roof also I notice that are a couple versions of this car in question

2 hours ago, 1320wayne said:

To the best of my knowledge the stars along the roof and hood are only present on the restored/replica car from a few years back. I don't believe that there were any starts on the original paint schemes. 

Ok thanks that is what I thought any idea what color that strip along the blue would be