Model Cars Magazine Forum

Audi sport Quattro S1 updated 2/2/19

Gt fan

Most of the main decals are in place now. All that has to be added is the license plates and rally event plates. In the kit they give you a etched plate for the rally event plate and the license plate , on photos that I’ve seen it looks to tight to the body to be a metal plate. Any help on these would be great. Here is the progress . Now it’s off to dry for a few days. 

14032A0E-8B54-42FA-B8B8-B60E6A52B2B6.jpeg

057CC1DE-1AF6-4A02-9A4A-1A73A2F5CCA2.jpeg

4A631586-8D5D-4DC5-B8B8-64138718290F.jpeg

86FCBE7B-681C-4F7B-84D3-E8BE27B808A6.jpeg

58 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

The evil HB logos look good.  That tire, looks more proper than the slicks.

8aae82eadbd2172df972d31f0bac7908--rally-racing-rally-car.jpg

The HB logos are hidden in the detail set. I like the snow tire, love this picture, this is the look that I am going for. Notice on the front no HB logos. This picture has the drives names on the door. The ones I’ve been using have them on the fenders. 

5 minutes ago, Gt fan said:

The HB logos are hidden in the detail set. I like the snow tire, love this picture, this is the look that I am going for. Notice on the front no HB logos. This picture has the drives names on the door. The ones I’ve been using have them on the fenders. 

Thing I've noticed in working one some other Group B cars and going to The Google for example photos, it really does seem that the cars changed appearance so often that it's little wonder our kit makers have so many variations/differences in decals

3 hours ago, swede70 said:

Very nice - I really like the choices you've made; i.e. the discreet weathering that rates as just enough and no more, the terrific dash and interior floor, etc.  Anxious to chart your further progress then...

Mike K./Swede70

Thank you .. hope to have it done soon. 

18 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

Great build here, glad someone's started it!

Question - did you have to seal-in the weathering with a flat clear?

Those decals look intimidating, but you've done a sterling job on them!

There is no clear on the weathering. I used the Tamiya stuff. It’s in the little cases like makeup. It will rub off if you want it too. The decals were not that bad. I love decaling stuff. The hard part is there is a thin navy line that goes tip to tall. Is on the door tops and a long the bottom.