Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Snake45

Model Car World Resin

Recommended Posts

MCW has announced a '73 Trans Am kit, which uses the MPC '79 as a donor, so I assume it's 1/25 not 1/24. 

Kinda strange to see an announcement on Hyperscale (a mainly model airplane site) and not here (not that I could find here, anyway). 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/73-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-resin-kit-by-mcw-t502544.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

MCW has announced a '73 Trans Am kit, which uses the MPC '79 as a donor, so I assume it's 1/25 not 1/24. 

Kinda strange to see an announcement on Hyperscale (a mainly model airplane site) and not here (not that I could find here, anyway). 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/73-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-resin-kit-by-mcw-t502544.html

I found this too . I did not share it as I not believing it was real . A '70 & '75 are planned .   I will miss Dave Dodge . His exceptional service and products . Just one more of the Pioneers to this segment of the Hobby is a fond memory . Thank you too Dave . God Bless 

Thanx 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember doing business with Dave Dodge at the Toledo shows back in the 2000's and was happy with his help and products both finishes and resin products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 12:47 PM, Snake45 said:

Dave was also very easy to work with and good with communications. By contrast, at the same time I started talking to him about this, I also sent an email to Bandit Resin which so far has not been answered. Their website is up and they seem to be in business--does anyone know if they actually are? 

Today I emailed Bandit again and had a response within an hour. Placed an order for the parts I wanted. We'll see what happens. 

The site is odd. There's a listing of kits, but not of parts. But there are three parts shown on the home page, one of which was what I needed, so I ordered it. When you click on a part, you get the opportunity to see three other random parts. I went down every possible rabbit hole this way, seeing a dozen parts or so, and only found one other thing I could have used. I'd have ordered one of those, too, but there was no "Add to Cart" button on that part. Weird. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 6:40 PM, Snake45 said:

Today I emailed Bandit again and had a response within an hour. Placed an order for the parts I wanted. We'll see what happens. 

The site is odd. There's a listing of kits, but not of parts. But there are three parts shown on the home page, one of which was what I needed, so I ordered it. When you click on a part, you get the opportunity to see three other random parts. I went down every possible rabbit hole this way, seeing a dozen parts or so, and only found one other thing I could have used. I'd have ordered one of those, too, but there was no "Add to Cart" button on that part. Weird. :unsure:

Yesterday (2/27) I received the Bandit Resin parts I ordered, which I consider very good delivery from a resin vendor. The '69 Barracuda hoods I received look fine, and I look forward to using them. It's too bad that the site's not easier to use/order from, but if you can find what you want and it gives you the option to add to basket, the system seems to work. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on MCW Resin Replicas. 

I ordered a 62 Plymouth Savoy, and a 63 Dodge 330, and two weeks passed, and the payment was never taken out of my account. So I contacted Dave, being afraid my bank info got lost in the mail, and he said that Wheels Wings and Waves now has taken over the resin buisness too. Then my bank showed the payment cleared. 

After checking the WWW site, it states that resin orders are 3 to 5 weeks backed up, as they remake most of the molds. So in another week, I’ll contact them, as it will be over 5 weeks. I’m just hoping the quality is still there. Fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did pull out of NNL East because of the resin situation. I was disappointed as it was an opportunity to pick up paints without the shipping issue to get them up here. But I do respect their reasoning as they work to sort out the resin part of the business.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a '57 Nomad from Mike not too long ago rather than mastering one myself to build; and he was very prompt with my order. The quality of his castings are very high............I was very pleased; considering the amount of time he has actually been casting (something like 10 weeks he said). I have been doing this for over 15 years; and probably scrutinize over the quality of castings more than the average modeler. The only issue I had was something that was not really his fault; and that was due to how Dave made the body mold; which reflected in the castings as the mold got older. Basically, the body 'grew' in length front and rear by 1/16" overall due to the mold being made too thin and flexing from the hydraulic pressure of the resin as the mold became weaker over time. This altered the outside dimensions of the body. As soon as I test fit the donor kit hood I knew what had happened........having had this happen myself in the past; which prompted me to change how I design my molds.  Since explaining to Mike what caused this over the phone he said he'd be willing to replace the body as soon as he makes a new mold. If his mold making abilities match up to his casting efforts you will all be in good hands when ordering from him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ed, I’ve seen some of your work on Donn Yost’s channel. Do you have a website I can visit?  And thank you for the info. 

With MCW, my main concern at first, was, it took a while before the payment was taken from my bank account. That’s the reason I contacted Dave because he normally submitted my info on payment promptly. I was worried my bank info was lost in the mail. Dave explained to me the situation, and I wished him well in his future endeavors. 

I have heard, and read other positive reviews pertaining to WWW. And if he is re making the molds, I’m sure the product will be even better. I really don’t mind waiting for quality. 

I noticed a few things, like you stated, with the age of the molds. I’ve bought 1962 galaxies in the past, and one recently, and there were some minor issues like you described. 

Edited by Brutalform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brutalform said:

Ed, I’ve seen some of your work on Donn Yost’s channel. Do you have a website I can visit?  And thank you for the info. 

With MCW, my main concern at first, was, it took a while before the payment was taken from my bank account. That’s the reason I contacted Dave because he normally submitted my info on payment promptly. I was worried my bank info was lost in the mail. Dave explained to me the situation, and I wished him well in his future endeavors. 

I have heard, and read other positive reviews pertaining to WWW. And if he is re making the molds, I’m sure the product will be even better. I really don’t mind waiting for quality. 

I noticed a few things, like you stated, with the age of the molds. I’ve bought 1962 galaxies in the past, and one recently, and there were some minor issues like you described. 

No problem on the info! Keep in mind (in case you didn't catch what was said earlier) Dave is no longer casting or running the resin business..........Mike from Wings, Wheels, and Waves out of Massillon, Ohio has taken over the resin business from Dave. I no longer have a web site; but you can see what I have to offer or what I am up to by going to my business page on Facebook. You can also send me a pm for the link to my Fotki albums where you can see more photos of my work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...