Model Cars Magazine Forum

Triumph TR3A, Gunze Sangyo, 1/24

Matt Bacon

Thanks very much, everyone. It's made its way safely to France, where my friends appreciated it a lot! I could have done with a bit more time on the figures, but I ran out of road to get it delivered. It's not a bad kit at all, and the polythene interior parts aren't too much of a pain to deal with if you have the right sort of glue ("Zap Goo" in my case). The windscreen is a pain, and I had to substantially shorten the sides of the top black piece for it to all fit together properly. The wipers are spares lifted from a couple of Aoshima MGBs, which all have three, for reasons that escape me... The fit of the front inner fenders to the tub is pretty imprecise and really needs to be done using the body shell as a jig to make sure they'll sit nicely underneath when it comes time to assemble everything, which of course I didn't, so that's a lesson for the next one...

best,

M.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:42 PM, Safire6 said:

That's typical Triumph....parts fall off it when you need them the most! I have a 1:1 1972 Triumph TR6 that I've owned for almost 30 years. Thankfully now the parts don't fall off it too often!

Yeah, I once owned a MG Midget (actually a Healey) and it was one of the most troublesome cars I've ever owned before or since! Not that it ran badly, but there was the constant 'adjustment' of things and of course the electrical gremlins that turned up at the darndest times!

Very nice build of that Triumph! I'd love to have another English car like that today, but no way I'd make it a daily driver like I did with my MG. I don't have that kind of patience today by fixing this and adjusting that. ;)