Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revel 69 Camaro

cobraman

Really clean build...

If I may make a suggestion...

The cowl vents are supposed to match the rest of the hood stripes... The reason why the decals on the valance are pinstripes, is because they are meant to be painted white where the vents are, And on the hood where the decals are cut around the recessed areas should be painted too.

The reason for this design is because the decals wouldn't conform to the hood if they were solid. But these areas are meant to be painted... 

You can use a edge brush and some testors white paint, it will match the decals pretty well. This tip will improve the look of the stripes. By painting these small areas it will carry the stripes all the way to the vents like the real car. 

I hope this helps you understand the design.

Edited by disconovaman

13 hours ago, cobraman said:

Thanks Dann. This one is just about finished. The PE set from the Model Car Garage is taking a lot longer than I had thought. So all I will be able to use from the set is the outside badges. Maybe I should have waited but once I got going......

That sucks, I know how it feels when you're all ready to go.....the fun, and momentum hits, and BAM!!….the model is already done!!!