Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/20 Tamiya Brabham Alfa Romeo BT46 clearveiw

Rich Chernosky

Just off the bench. This is actually a re-visit of a kit I did about thirty years ago. Only this time it has a clear body. Since the original was done as Niki Lauda i chose to do this one with his team mate John Watson. Went the extra yard on the engine since it will be visible. Added fuel lines, oil and water. Detailed up the driver figure and vacuum formed a new visor. Main body color is Tamiya TS-8 and the tub was covered in aluminium stickers supplied with the kit. Nice to be able to do an old kit over and do it better this time. Don't varnish over decals any more as it turns the white ones yellow with age. See the photo 

DSC06380.JPG

DSC06381.JPG

DSC06382.JPG

DSC06385.JPG

DSC06386.JPG

On 2/5/2019 at 10:40 AM, r60man said:

I have this kit, but I have not built it because I can not decide if I want to build it clear, or paint the whole thing.

Well....there is how they both look. The kit you have has decals for both so I guess its your decision. Enjoy the build and I hope this has provided you with some incentive.