Model Cars Magazine Forum

TIM RICHMOND 1980 ROOKIE INDYCAR

Gary Davis

This was a very interesting build to say the least. Finding reference pics for this build proved to be a little  challenging but as we know....that's part of the build. The amt PC-6 Indy car kit was used for basic chassis. A lot of fab work went into the conversion to make it the "First ground force" car in the Indycar series. I'd also like to Thank Gary Sleeper at CIRCLE TRACK DECALS for making the Decal sheet for this very colorful paint scheme.  

Thanks folks for stopping in and commenting...  

1-1 at SPEED....

photo1-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

Rear shot showing Tim and His ROOKIE Stripes....  
photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

Edited by Gary Davis

Thanks Bruce and Vince.... Yea...I think the NASCAR recognition was what most folks remember him for. Which...in my opinion..he was as good or even better that Dale E. Tim really started his career in karts and moved up to Dirt sprintcars and then to Asphalt Super Modifieds. Then he ran at Indy for two yrs. 80 and 81. I want to build His really cool Orange Super that he drove. That one will be a very challenging build.

13 hours ago, Gary Davis said:

Thanks Bruce and Vince.... Yea...I think the NASCAR recognition was what most folks remember him for. Which...in my opinion..he was as good or even better that Dale E. Tim really started his career in karts and moved up to Dirt sprintcars and then to Asphalt Super Modifieds. Then he ran at Indy for two yrs. 80 and 81. I want to build His really cool Orange Super that he drove. That one will be a very challenging build.

Awesome Job , Gary. I followed the wip on this one and it seems to me it was a very challenging build. As every one can see you nailed it, so I don't think you will have any problem with the Orange Super. Looking forward to watching that one come together.

Very nicely done. I, as well, did not know that T.R ran Indy very cool bit of info. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Just one question, and please do not in any way take it as a criticism, it is not. But were the decals a different scale than the model? Some of them seem to be smaller than the one on the car. It in no way takes away from the appeal of the car. More just my own curiosity I guess. 

Anyhow, beautifully done. :D