Model Cars Magazine Forum

2016 Ford GT Le Mans

martinfan5

Finally getting around to building mine, been feeling a bit left out seeing everyone else build one, so lets get to it.

Unlike everyone else, I am going to be using the Ford GT Le Mans paint set from Scalefinishes

P1030735small-vi.jpg

The engine, Metalizer Aluminum on the block and Metalizer Magnesium on the trans housing, along with some colors on the other bits.

P1040152small-vi.jpg

And getting started on the chassis/interior,  the chassis and interior were first primered with Mr Surfacer Black and then coated with Testor's Graphite aka poors mans carbon fiber P1040138small-vi.jpg

P1040076small-vi.jpg

P1040077small-vi.jpg

And the body, it has been painted, you know, very easy paint job to do, the only hard part is masking off the rear section on the sides, its very tight back there.

P1040112small-vi.jpg

P1040113small-vi.jpg

I should of just stopped at the clear coat , the decal solution I started off using was melting the decals, so I switched, and its just gone down hill, now I to decided which car number I am with. Chassis is completed, and I dont know how, it must be because I am such an amazing builder, but I ended up with a tripod stance on the chassis, like WTF, sigh

P1040340small-vi.jpg

P1040341small-vi.jpg

And I got a tire decal coming off, even after being dullcoated.

P1040349small-vi.jpg

The tire decal can be glued down with some Future on the back. I always coat the sidewall with Future applied with a Q-tip, let it dry then apply the decal and dull coat. The decals stick better to Future then a bare sidewall. I actually mask the wheel and airbrush a coat of TS-79 semi-gloss clear.

Dscf8313.jpg

Edited by 935k3