Model Cars Magazine Forum

Traveling for a show?

So basicly I'm going to be traveling 2.5 hrs to a 1:1 show this week with a couple models including my 1/12 camaro. I'm sure I can get the model there in one piece but I'm worried about the model sitting in the truck till I can check into where I'm staying. The truck has no a/c and I have a few places to stop before I can unload the kit. I have limited room in the truck only two seats.

Any suggestions to make sure I dont have melted models when I get there ? Or traveling with models?

I've only gone to local shows lol.

1/12 scale revell 69 camaro z28.

That is one sweet Camaro.  I think as long as it's in a white or light brown box with bubble wrap or soft towels the temp inside the box should not be excessive.  Crack the windows and put the box on the floor out of direct sunlight and it should be fine for at least an hour unless it is over 100 degrees outside.  Good luck at the show - I'd vote for your car even though it's not a Mustang.:D

Just strap it to the roof... Seriously I have a large older cooler that I use for just such situations. Use it not only for models but anything I might be worried about with temperature sensitivity. Picked it up at a yard sale for a couple of bucks and can fit an 1/8 scale car with towels for protection if needed. Never had any issues and have have left it in both the interior of my car and trunk on very hot days. (the trunk of a black car can get a wee bit toasty)

Very nice Camaro BTW!