Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diecast 1/43rd?

RodneyBad

Many years ago a bought a few 1/43rd die-cast for basically a little collectable value and thought they were cool cars.

diecast collection 1.jpg

Fast forward today and I move them around and a body fell off the chassis.

diecast collection 2.jpg

Now I know why it felt like  a diecast.

diecast collection 3.jpg

Edited by RodneyBad

Well, Rodney..... you didn't expect to find a giant steel nut inside the model car, did you?

Alongside my 1:24 collection of built kits and diecasts, I also have many 1:43 diecast model cars as well. The range of British cars in 1:43 scale for the 1950's period has more to choose from than in 1:24 scale. Here is the 1959 Ford Consul MK II, for example.....

David

101_0108.JPG

101_0109.JPG

101_0110.JPG

101_0143.JPG

Now that is just funny. 

You know how you used to be able to tell if a piece of furniture was good quality by the weight, but then cheap manufactures would actually add chunks of steel into their furniture for weight?  These cars must be from the same cheap furniture manufacturer. 

?

I have several 1/43s.   I have the Franklin Mint "cars of the 60s", 12 cars.  A set of Matchbox 50s and 60s cars, several things I picked up here and there.  And the first replica that is dead nuts accurate for a car I actually own - first one in my life - a 2007 Ford Edge.  From a Bond Movie - it was black, I replainted it orange pearl with tan interior.  And it is as identical as you could hope for.   Even the shift leve is accurate in shape and even has the little O/D lockout button the side.  

I have seen the cars the OP has, but never bought them.  Kinda glad now.