Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Plymouth HEMI GTX 1/25 Scale

Fantastic! Really nice work with all of the machined parts. The overall look is just right and detailing is over the top. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, Plymouths that I've seen built in scale. Fantastic work!

It's a very small thing, but the driveshaft loop should be in front end of the driveshaft.;)

Brad: Thanks for the comment, I love using simple things too... they are around us and often forsaken...

Chris: Thanks for the compliment!

Mike: Sorry, the GTX is currently winterized, we are still in January... LOL

Niko: Thanks for your kind words! You may be right about the safety loop but I've seen it in both locations (front of back) and I did refer to that Roadrunner restauration picture for my GTX build (see picture attached). Thanks anyway to pointed this?

Cheers, Francis

70_RR_Hemi_LemonTwist_7.JPG.8cee76919eaa6c67ef6089504071f5d9.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, 2zwudz said:

What did you use for the plug wire boots??

thanks

mark

Directly over the red wire is simply a larger piece of black wire insulator that the red wire was slipped into. The donuts that fill the valve cover holes are tiny wrist watch stem gaskets.

Hope it help, Francis

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 12:20 PM, John B. said:

Well done, sir. Both this build and your Dart are incredible - again, congratulations and thanks for providing the inspiration for me to do better on my builds.

Thanks for you visit and comments on my builds John, you are more than welcome to check the progress on my current build the '64 Dodge D100 if you are interested.
Cheers, Francis

2 hours ago, 2zwudz said:

Francis do you recall what size end mill bit you used to cut the slots in the mag wheels and what size bolts you used for the lug nuts???

thanks Mark

Hello Mark, I will have to check and take some measurement with my digital caliper for the slots size and come back to you but I recall that the lug nuts (from Scale Hardware) have 0.8mm hex head size.

9 hours ago, High octane said:

Francis, your build is absolutely gorgeous. You're not a model builder but an absolute craftsman to say the least. Besides that, I just love dem B=body Mopars!

Thanks for your positive comments on this build, I really appreciate!

The Roadrunner/GTX is one of my favorite Mopar B-body of that era. I also have some other built models that I will post pics later so check back soon.

Take care, Francis

38 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Thanks for your positive comments on this build, I really appreciate!

The Roadrunner/GTX is one of my favorite Mopar B-body of that era. I also have some other built models that I will post pics later so check back soon.

Take care, Francis

I have my popcorn and I am ready ?

On 3/9/2020 at 7:40 AM, 2zwudz said:

Francis do you recall what size end mill bit you used to cut the slots in the mag wheels and what size bolts you used for the lug nuts???

thanks Mark

Hello Mark, I did check my notes and double check by measuring the slots on the wheels and they are 1/16 inch (0.0625") but you can go until 5/64 inch (0.0781") if you want them a little bit larger (I don't have access to a real set of mags to take accurate measurements).

Hope it helps, Francis