Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Porsche 356 Speedster

THarrison351

So, some time ago I was attempting to collect as inexpensively as possible at least one manufacturers car from the mints made in the '50s. The 1955 Porsche Speedster is the only offering from Franklin Mint. It's pretty well detailed and can be had fairly cheap if you have patience. My first one was dirty, in good shape otherwise. Came with the box, styrofoam and paperwork, but was missing the down top cover as most offerings seem to be. So I've been watching for a couple of years for a wreck or even a top by itself. A month or so ago a complete car popped up for cheap. The seller had taken bad pictures (2) but it had the down top part I needed. The seller said it was in good condition, but was missing a wiper (it wasn't). Gramps46 inquired wanting a review when I got back. Here both of them are. One's going on eBay when I get my act together.

RHside-vi.jpg

You're not seeing double, the one with the top is my first one. The topless one is my new one.

Front-vi.jpg

Rear-vi.jpg

Engine1-vi.jpg

Interior-vi.jpg

Boot-vi.jpg

This model has a lot of detail. Photoetch, wiring and nice paint. It does have doglegs on the doors, but they don't stand out too bad.

Next up, Danbury Mint 1948 Tucker Tin Goose!

Edited by THarrison351

Thank you Tim for the photos.  I have been debating about this one for awhile but have been put off by the grilles on the headlights and the cost.  Now you have gone and done it and pushed me over the edge.  I am going to have to put it on my want list.