Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, this has been a long, long week.......

Joe Handley

4 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Sorry for your loss 

Thanks Ron, it's appreciated.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:12 AM, crazyjim said:

My prayers and condolences to you and your family, Joe.  I lost my Mom in August and it's not easy, but hang in there.

There may be quite a bit of wrenching and styrene therapy involved for both Dad and myself, plus some more "Iron" related therapy (i.e. the gym) for me as well.  Dad decided he wants to go to his HS reunion and well be taking my 200, which means the planned plug swap, MSD coil packs, performance intake tube, newer factory "upgrade" lower intake manifold (which stock flows more air than older lowers that have been ported!), new pads and rotors (including switching to the 13.4" SRT4 Caliber front rotors and 2 piston calipers from the stock 11.6" rotors and single piston calipers), AND figuring out what happened to my Cherokee's brakes last winter to cause a complete failure (had to use my handbrake to stop on my way home, my blood pressure hasn't been the same since:o) need to be done by early June since the reunion is mid-month and the plates expire on the XJ at the end of June, but it needs to pass it's emissions test before I can renew them.......it'll likely pass, but driving there to the facility and back just using the hand brake is a bad, baad idea.

• 1 year later...

Well, it’s been another long week, I ended up in the hospital last Thursday with infections similar to what Mom had in the last years of her life andmay not be outta here until this Thursday or Friday, plus something she couldn’t get and I never knew was possible.  Two good things have come out of this though outside of a better health outlook, 1st, I’ve discovered I lost more weight(!), and 2nd, I have doctors and nurses, even a phlebotomist that has helped care for her that have been working to patch me back up!  The latter has been good news to us since we remember how well they cared for Mom in her stays here, and knowing I’m in good hands.

47 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

Well, it’s been another long week, I ended up in the hospital last Thursday with infections similar to what Mom had in the last years of her life andmay not be outta here until this Thursday or Friday, plus something she couldn’t get and I never knew was possible.  Two good things have come out of this though outside of a better health outlook, 1st, I’ve discovered I lost more weight(!), and 2nd, I have doctors and nurses, even a phlebotomist that has helped care for her that have been working to patch me back up!  The latter has been good news to us since we remember how well they cared for Mom in her stays here, and knowing I’m in good hands.

Sorry to hear this for you Joe, but it sounds like you are at a minimum in the right place to be going through this. I wish you the best sir.