Model Cars Magazine Forum

Life changes

Atmobil

So, I have not built that many models in later years, the reason for that is family life and work. But this last fall I ended up with a mental breakdown due to my work and at the same time my marriage to my lovely wife was starting to break up. We got togheter when I was 20 and she was 17. We have spent 15 years toghether, got married on our 10th anniversery in 2015. We bought our house in 2009, welcomed our first born son in 2012 and our second son in 2017. These 15 years have been great and wonderfull but also hard and difficult at times.
We struggled our way trough christmas and the first month of the year. We celebrated our 15th anniversery on January 16th with a hope that we where going to make it trough but on February 10th my wife said enoguh is enough. She wanted out?

Now, she has gotten her own place to live, she is taking the kids and most of our furniture with her. The last few months have been the worst of my life, in fact my life very nearly ended. The house will be empty, no more kids laughing or crying. No more cozy movie nights with my dearest.

And at the same time, I can not go back to my job because of my health.
Last summer I packed up all my modelkits and started work on a new hobby room in the basement. Work stopped after the summerholiday and I have not done anything after that. I now sit in an empty hobbyroom in a soon to be empty house and I'm facing a huge amount of financial difficulties to be able to keep owning the house.
So, at the moment, my life is just on hold. Modelbuilding is something I want to do but have difficulties concentrating on. I have only done minor modelling work in the last 6 months.
Hopefully I can be able to pick up the pieces of my life and continue some time in the future.

Sorry to hear about your struggles. I married young while in the Army, and divorced after 3 years. Met the love of my life at church, and we will celebrate 22 years this year. We have been blessed with 4 children; 2 girls and a boy biologically, and we adopted another girl (because we are gluttons for punishment) about 5 years ago. 

Life has a way of making things difficult on us humans. Our son, Isaac passed away March 28, of 2018 due to a severe allergic reaction to Bactrim, which was prescribed for acne. That was the hardest thing I have ever been through. We managed to get through with support from family, friends and our church, which is full of incredible loving people. We still have bad days, but we get through. I still struggle around this time of year, and with things I know were close to him. He was my helper. 

Now I can work a little. I can be by myself with my thoughts and get through it. I still have strong support in my wife and 3 other children, and my extended church family. You can get through this, just find some support; family, church, friends, a group. Maybe all of them. 

I hope everything works out for you. In time it will get a little easier. 

Like so many others who have experienced what has to be the darkest days of your life it can and will get better. Don't be feel bad about getting some professional help to get you through all that you are facing. Many of us have been in this or similar situations and it does help to have someone to help you when it's so hard to think straight. Life will go on and there will come a day you'll meet someone who you'll want to spend the rest of your life with and it will work. My wife and I have both been there before, and we've been married for over 33 years, through thick and thin we have always approached life as a team. I wish you well in life going forward from here. 

Thank you all for you kind comments and to Dwayne Stephenson  (Drummerdad), loosing you son must really have been hard. We have two kids and at the moment, they are the only ones keeping me alive. I can not imagine the pain of loosing a child. I have loved my wife for 15 years and still do, and it will take quite some time before I stop loving her.

I am so sorry to read about this!  I've been married for 25 years now, but it has never been easy. Fun sometimes, but a slog others. I feel for you. There is no pain quite like losing your wife in divorce or separation.  Live for your children, and know that they will need a rock to cling to in this new world they have been thrust into. You'll need to be that rock, for their sake.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to vent! I know that it is not much help, but in Dark Times, even a small light can make a difference.

Regards, Alan Alexis