Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chevy

Howard Cohen

I decided to work on this Monogram 1955 Chevy issued in 1963. It was built when I got it many years ago and I just started on it. I am doing a '60s style street custom using the Continental roof, front and rear roll pans and I don't know what else. :)  For those who think I should build it stock, I already have one stock and one custom :) 1325139282_IMG_35281.thumb.JPG.3511fdd6e1e23f820788f5a584f65393.JPG

IMG_3532[1].JPG

IMG_3527[1].JPG

By Continental Roof do you mean the clear roof ? I remember seeing this style on the major Kustoms of the day and it would allow a good display of the interior. No idea just how far your wanting to go, but the AMT '57 Chevy kit used to have some interesting front and rear treatments, that should fit, as an option.  The AMT '55 Chevrolet "Street Machine" kit has some tail light and bumper options also. The Monogram '55 Chevy 2in1 Hardtop has some similar options plus lowered suspension option. 

19 hours ago, espo said:

By Continental Roof do you mean the clear roof ? I remember seeing this style on the major Kustoms of the day and it would allow a good display of the interior. No idea just how far your wanting to go, but the AMT '57 Chevy kit used to have some interesting front and rear treatments, that should fit, as an option.  The AMT '55 Chevrolet "Street Machine" kit has some tail light and bumper options also. The Monogram '55 Chevy 2in1 Hardtop has some similar options plus lowered suspension option. 

The Continental roof is the one shown on the model. The clear bubble top roof is on my custom. The AMT kit is 25th scale while the Monogram is 24th, the parts do not quite fit and I am not going that wild.