Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dear moderators, webpage goes POOF!

I do not know if you are aware of this issue but 3 times this morning I was viewing a thread and then later writing a long tutorial and POOF! the screen jumps to the home page. Getting back to the thread I was reading is no big deal but, 30 minutes of tutorial information simply disappeared GRRRRR. Any knowledge of this or a fix for it in the works? If not, I will likely have to write the tutorial in another program and cut and paste it onto the forum. (If I get remotivated)

Something rather like this has been a problem in the past, and frankly, one of the reasons I kinda quit posting tutorials or build threads. Yes, you can create the post in Word or something similar, and copy it to the forum, but it's kinda a PITA if you do a lot, and the photos often have to be resized or otherwise juggled to look like a non-moron put the post together.

I'd also thought the problem was resolved a while back.

46 minutes ago, Bills72sj said:

I do not know if you are aware of this issue but 3 times this morning I was viewing a thread and then later writing a long tutorial and POOF! the screen jumps to the home page. Getting back to the thread I was reading is no big deal but, 30 minutes of tutorial information simply disappeared GRRRRR. Any knowledge of this or a fix for it in the works? If not, I will likely have to write the tutorial in another program and cut and paste it onto the forum. (If I get remotivated)

Wow. This is the first I've heard of anything like this. We were having a problem with spurious 404 errors, but that has been fixed. 

What time did this occur? (need time zone too)

How much text had you added? Like a lot of sites, this one uses CKEditor for entering content. I don't know of any limitations there, but there might be some. I can also ask the software vendor if they have any known problems like that. 

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

No 404 error. Simply reading threads on 2 occasions. No stray mouse clicks or keypad touches. The last occurrence was I was happily typing along and POOF home page. Time was not noted but between noon and 2 PM PST.

I’ve had the issue twice too where I was reading/looking at a thread and it kicked me back to the main listings. Forget when it happened so it may not be much help..

I just thought it was in my end and didn’t think anything about it..

Edited by DrKerry