Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if anyone in the USA has received an order from them in the last few months?  I placed an order in early April and end of May they said it had shipped.  I know their postal system had issues prior to the pandemic so I'm sure it's worse.  I'm not saying anything negative about Auslowe, they are great people, I'm just wondering at what point I consider the package lost in transit.  If you did get an order, I'd appreciate the order date and delivery date (approximates are fine +/- week).

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is like comparing apples to oranges,but i ordered from BNA Model World on May 15 and received delivery on june 17

This was shipped Australia Post.i got One noticed when shipped,and a notice when it landed in the USA.

Hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Warren D said:

Just wondering if anyone in the USA has received an order from them in the last few months?  I placed an order in early April and end of May they said it had shipped.  I know their postal system had issues prior to the pandemic so I'm sure it's worse.  I'm not saying anything negative about Auslowe, they are great people, I'm just wondering at what point I consider the package lost in transit.  If you did get an order, I'd appreciate the order date and delivery date (approximates are fine +/- week).

Thanks

It has been quite some time since I ordered from Auslowe, but it took 3 weeks to process my order and then 3 weeks to arrive after it was shipped. There was no world wide emergency at that time. From what I understand, international orders are experiencing pretty large delays right now. I'm even having trouble getting things shipped from Canada without it taking forever. If it took 3 weeks under normal conditions, I would figure around 4-5 weeks, just guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt international shipments are messed up.  I see on AITM's website that he has suspended overseas shipments for the duration.  I may ask them for a ship date, hate to bother them as I'm sure many others are asking similar questions.  One Aus model site is suggesting that folks ask for (and pay extra) Fed Ex as it seems to be moving packages better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been waiting for an order  4 months now to come to Canada , From Australia , I had to FB Renee and tell her that it must be lost ,so she put a new one together for me ,and now I see from Australian post is saying it may come by sea not air ? that's going to take sometime , And just to let you all know ,Nigel casts to order that's what takes the time    . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a seller, I have had several customers ask about their orders. I have found that, even in the US, all deliveries seem to be taking longer than normal. I've had some delays up to 3 months. In some cases they seem to get there as normal. Go figure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I have been waiting for an order  4 months now to come to Canada , From Australia , I had to FB Renee and tell her that it must be lost ,so she put a new one together for me ,and now I see from Australian post is saying it may come by sea not air ? that's going to take sometime , And just to let you all know ,Nigel casts to order that's what takes the time    . 

I've ordered from them before so I know the usual routine.  This has gone far beyond the norm so I'm trying to get a feel for any other experiences and trying not to bother Renee unnecessarily.  I'm trying to determine the point where the order might be lost vs on a slow boat from half way around the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, phoneguy said:

As a seller, I have had several customers ask about their orders. I have found that, even in the US, all deliveries seem to be taking longer than normal. I've had some delays up to 3 months. In some cases they seem to get there as normal. Go figure.

 

I think there are regional problems with specific carriers.  In my area, USPS, FedEx and Amazon are all running about normal while UPS seems to let packages sit in the trailers for an extra 24 hrs just prior to delivery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered some things from them in march and got the package today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auslowe usually are very dependable every time I have ordered from them, but with the Covid19 thing all international mail takes a lot longer, I sent out a couple of parts to a goy from this forum and it took nearly a month to reach the him in USA, I'm also waiting for parts from the States sent around a month ago and I have not recieved it yet.
So that could also be the case with Auslowe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...