Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Corvette C7 Grand Sport

AJM

• 4 weeks later...

A little more progress on the C7 GS -- body is cleared and polished, taillights and front headlights attached as well as the front wheel arch 'stone guards'. The headlight bezels were painted Tamiya 'Smoke' with flat aluminum accents for the LED strip, headlight covers were accented with a Sharpie for the 'gaskets'. The 'stone guards' were ,4x2mm strip, painted flat black and tapered to the leading edge of the wheel arch. Some pictures below:

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

Rear view mirror from the Maisto diecast attached to the front windshield(the R kit does not come w one); decals placed on visors and also have a decal for the rear view mirror put it cannot be seen -- the visor decals probably won't be seen either --oh well...

IMG_2036.jpg

Thx for the comments, Len and David -- yea the painting was challenging, used Automotive Touchup , Arctic White and Carbon Flash Black, this was wet sanded and then the AT Single stage Clear was applied, again wet sanded and polished. The paint worked pretty well, it was thinned with Mr. Color Leveling thinner and sprayed with the AB.

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally completed!! A couple of more pictures from on the bench --next stop will be hopefully some better pictures in 'Under Glass' --thx for following and all the supportive comments, it's always appreciated

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

Tom -- thx, yes this one one of the most challenging builds that I have done. Learned a lot along the way, I really tried to get the 'stance ' of the car correct -- realy difficult finding the proper size tires that had the correct sidewall height and the side fender cove trim was extremely challenging to replicate, I don't think it's perfect but it's close.

It was great to finish this. I have a 2013 60th anniversary 427 on the bench -- you need to get into your 2004! Look forward to seeing it.

Al

Len -- Thx for the feedback -- yea it was difficult finding front and rear tires that approximate the look of the 20" rear and 19" front Michelin's.

The rear tires I used were from Misha at Ukrainian Scale Cars Production(USCP), these are a 20" that have the appropriate sidewall height and fit the Plazmos 'Cup' wheels(I did use a wrap of masking tape over the wheel OD to make it fit a little snugger to the ID of the tire), these tires also have the Michelin Pilot Sport logo on the sidewall.

I could not find a front tire that had the Michelin logos, but I used tires from a set of Pegasus Irok's(#1266) --these tires have the approximate dimensions and look for the 19" front tires, and fit the Plazmos wheels.

Hope this helps,

Al