Model Cars Magazine Forum

Educational video about Injection Molding plastics

I ran into this video while looking for other things on YouTube.  Excellent presentation and it also shows the proper terminology which are often misused by modelers.  The related videos mentioned at the end of this video are also worth watching.

Edited by peteski

4 hours ago, peteski said:

I ran into this video while looking for other things on YouTube.  Excellent presentation and it also shows the proper terminology which are often misused by modelers.  The related videos mentioned at the end of this video are also worth watching.

Thnx Peter , have never heard of "hot runners " before.

A few years ago I got a tour of a shop that make and refurbish "reciprocating screws" it was very interesting.

??

Just remembered the name of that outfit, ConCor tool and machine.

that was when I was still in Wisconsin.

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

36 minutes ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

Thnx Peter , have never heard of "hot runners " before.

A few years ago I got a tour of a shop that make and refurbish "reciprocating screws" it was very interesting.

??

Just remembered the name of that outfit, ConCor tool and machine.

that was when I was still in Wisconsin.

Yeah, I also learned some things from that video. 

ConCor you say? That's funny, there is Con-Cor company that makes and sells model trains, but I don't think they ever had an injection-molding facility. They subcontracted other companies to make their models.

Edited by peteski

I was really suprized this company was in Hayward Wisconsin (mostly known for the Muskie hall of fame). 

https://www.concortool.com/

Spent allot of time up there,my folks house was on the " Namekagon"

river fed lake that is "Hayward Lake". Wishing I can revisit sometime in the future.

who would think that such a high tech company dealing w/international customers would be up in

hunting and fishing part of northern WI. 

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

That was an awesome video. Informative, but not too complex.

Having attempted to make a couple videos of my own, I have a lot of respect for people who can put together something that is informative, accurate, and engrossing. Even just the scripting is difficult, not to mention all the 3D animations!

I think I've watched all of Bill's videos after discovering them a few years ago. Who knew about bubble pumps? ? Always nice to see a well thought out, executed, and informative video on YouTube. More info about injection molding in this topic, too:

260/5000

Very familiar with the content of that video. I worked for about 20 years in a factory that made a variety of plastic products. I still remember very well the operation of injection molding machines and molds, because I installed molds on machines every day. Adjusting the machines was also part of my job.