Model Cars Magazine Forum

General Motors Plant, Framingham, Mass. brochure

Thanks Brian - nice trip down the memory lane.  I live about 20 miles away from Framingham, so I was familiar with this plant.  It used to generate quite a bit of railroad traffic (with many parts being delivered to the plant, and the finished cars being shipped by rail).  Friend of mine is building a model train layout which will feature Framingham. While the entire plant is too large to model, he will likely include part of it to generate traffic on his model railroad, just like it did in the "real" world.

8 hours ago, peteski said:

Thanks Brian - nice trip down the memory lane.  I live about 20 miles away from Framingham, so I was familiar with this plant.  It used to generate quite a bit of railroad traffic (with many parts being delivered to the plant, and the finished cars being shipped by rail).  Friend of mine is building a model train layout which will feature Framingham. While the entire plant is too large to model, he will likely include part of it to generate traffic on his model railroad, just like it did in the "real" world.

Neat idea for a layout.  Is he replicating the passenger station?  That would make an impressive model.

It is still in the planning stage. Even in N scale, he will have to do some serious selective compression as he plans to model the trackage going all the way to Boston.  He has a kit of the Worcester station - that is also a very impressive structure.