Model Cars Magazine Forum

iowa class battleship diorama

michelle

this is a  revell of germany   1/1200 scale uss missouri kit  mine was missing the decal sheet   i based the look of this on two different   pics  one  of  a iowa class  durring the korean war   with 3 helicopters on the stearn  and a arial  pic of  a iowa class fireing it's 3 main turrets  to  port  
the plaque i used was a darice one from walmart   which i stained with golden mahogeny   stain   then i made the  water  with  a layer  of tacky glue   spread out and then a layer of artminds blue waterscape  then another layer  of tacky  glue spread out   as it was drying i used a sponge   and dabed it all over it  leave a effect    then added another  layer  of artminds blue waterscape  and then another layer of tacky glue  and repeted the sponge  dab a couple different  time  as it dried  then added the final layer  of artminds blue waterscape  
i bought a small pack of qtips and took the cotton ends of one   of them  to use as  the smoke from the the guns firing  
i am happy with the way this turned out and now it is on to the second of the several  dioramas   i have planed 

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.JPG