Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone deal with Ebay resin part dealer:resinmod_73 - aka Resinmodelparts68 ??

I'm waiting on exhaust headers since January 27, delivery was due February 10.

I ordered from him as he had a positive rating, and he has some nice stuff.

Not here to bash anyone, and I'm fully aware the mails have been slow...and given the COVID situation affecting both families and sellers and the problems with USPS these days, I'd figure I would wait before criticizing.

I did send him message thru Contact seller and have not heard anything.

What I'm concerned about now is the seller has no further products in his other items for sale link on Ebay, nor does his webstore link look active.

Is he ok...?

Will post an update if I hear anything.

www.ebay.com/str/Resinmodelparts68?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Resinmodelparts68 | eBay Stores

Edited by SpeedShift

I read the feedback....good and some bad....figured the bad were delays on the more complicated parts that were made to order.

Not like its the end of the world...was about $8.99 not inc. S&H.

I generally stick with Norm and Detail Master, and Model Car Garage. 

But I got a pretty nice B&M resin tranny last week from an eBay vendor so I thought I'd give this guy a try.

If I don't get it on Monday I'm filing action w/ eBay  and letting you know the outcome.'

EBay usually tells you to give it a few days after you file before they take action...usually 5-6 days.

I've already given ten after the projected delivery.

I've had some delays in mail recently. - I got a refund on another vendor two months ago for some Araldite 90 sec. epoxy that car modelers in Australia like.

That one had a tracking number that said it was delivered and left in my garage...... in NY.

My garage is at the back of the lot...and all mail and deliveries come to my front door,.......and I live in Virginia.  ! 

Vendor could not provide eBay a valid tracking number so judgement was against him and i was refunded.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:36 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Look at his feedback. Neutrals and negatives for slow / no delivery on made to order parts..

Exactly this. Three negatives within the past 30 days? Walk away...

image.png.c78b5c8558b77c807c807a49f242dd38.png

Also a bad sign, stated in the description:

"This will be shipped in a envelope no tracking if something happens please contact me"

Just don't. Shipping a package via USPS First Class includes FREE tracking, which is automatically uploaded when the seller prints a shipping label. If they don't even use a padded mailer at a minimum (which is not even a good idea for anything other than a piece of paper), they don't care if your item arrives safely nor intact-- they're just looking to cheap out on shipping costs. Yes, boxes cost money, but they protect the contents well, and help guard against loss, package damage (i.e., sorting machines). A quality crush-proof shipping box costs $.30 or so, well worth the small investment.

When the seller doesn't show the actual parts you will receive, but rather the master, kit parts, or shows the parts primed and/or painted (which can hide flaws), say no...:

image.png.8fd1a84f3a424015f0adf16890d08734.png

If all else fails, ask here first. I would have no trouble telling you to avoid that seller, and any other similar sellers with the same type of feedback, poor description, etc.

Edited by Casey

Reported.

Hi James,

We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t receive your item. We have asked the seller to respond to your request.

Your purchase is covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee. If your request is not resolved, you can ask us to step in and help beginning Feb 26, 2021.

Edited by SpeedShift

Is this the same guy that has blatantly recast parts in the past under a different seller name? That seller had trouble with the English language as well.  Photos look similar  - they are either the original resin part (Hobby Design turbos) or the plastic version, NOT his cast part.

No offense, but if a resin caster posts photos of the plastic/resin parts he is copying and not the actual parts, that’s a bad sign.