Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
larman

Can anyone post the instructions for The Monogram High Roller Chevelle, Camaro, and Chevy Luv?

Recommended Posts

I am looking for the instructions for the Monogram High Roller '70 Chevelle, '69 Camaro and Chevy Luv. I checked the Drastic Plastics instructions site, but did not see them there. Also did a google search and still could not find them. Any help appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, larman said:

I am looking for the instructions for the Monogram High Roller '70 Chevelle, '69 Camaro and Chevy Luv. I checked the Drastic Plastics instructions site, but did not see them there. Also did a google search and still could not find them. Any help appreciated. 

Hi Larry, I have instructions for the Camaro (2201). Unfortunately I haven't got time to scan them in right now but remind me again later today if you haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I dont have a scanner, but here are pictures of the LUV

 

20210304_102406.jpg

20210304_102416.jpg

20210304_102334.jpg

20210304_102342.jpg

20210304_102322.jpg

Edited by youpey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camaro, as I built in about 1985:

CamaroHR_0001.jpg.7d705c9652b2de1924c149ad27c9141f.jpg

 

CamaroHR_0002.jpg.343528de69b4fd7e2df1b949ea5fa2d2.jpg

 

CamaroHR_0003.jpg.c848909ac05b0d85b148aa143e350724.jpg

 

CamaroHR_0004.jpg.c9d3ead45785f1c140b3570d084126d6.jpg

I don't know about the LUV, but I'd imagine the Chevelle would be similar - basically a pretty much standard kit on this high-lift 4wd running gear. I had no great issue swapping mine onto a '57 Chevy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I don't know about the LUV, but I'd imagine the Chevelle would be similar - basically a pretty much standard kit on this high-lift 4wd running gear. I had no great issue swapping mine onto a '57 Chevy.

Those two are both very similar to the Camaro's suspension setup-- super-tall front coil springs, Goodyear Tracker A-T tires (same as found in the more recent Snap Humvee), etc.

Thanks for posting the intructions, you helped solve a transfer case mystery. 🙂

Chevelle High Roller suspension parts, for comparison:

monogram-high-roller-chevy-malibu_1_cb04

Edited by Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 2:21 AM, Spottedlaurel said:
On 3/4/2021 at 10:25 AM, youpey said:

I dont have a scanner, but here are pictures of the LUV

 

20210304_102406.jpg

20210304_102416.jpg

20210304_102334.jpg

 

17 hours ago, Casey said:

Those two are both very similar to the Camaro's suspension setup-- super-tall front coil springs, Goodyear Tracker A-T tires (same as found in the more recent Snap Humvee), etc.

Thanks for posting the intructions, you helped solve a transfer case mystery. 🙂

Chevelle High Roller suspension parts, for comparison:

monogram-high-roller-chevy-malibu_1_cb04

20210304_102342.jpg

20210304_102322.jpg

Hi Larry, I have instructions for the Camaro (2201). Unfortunately I haven't got time to scan them in right now but remind me again later today if you haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

Thanks so much guys! Big help. I have a started later issue Chevelle (the "Heavy Chevy" version molded in blue) that needs to be stripped and is far from perfect. I was going to build it into a stock car, but now I am thinking High Roller clone. I also have an unbuilt Monogram '69 Camaro which is so distorted it seems a natural for the 'High Roller" treatment, I won't do anything else with it. I thought I would combine them with the current issue GMC "Big Game Country" parts to make my own versions of "High Rollers" because the originals are bringing WAY too much money on Ebay. It looks like the parts for the Luv, Camaro and Chevelle were similar and lighter duty, so I will have to adapt the GMC 3/4 ton parts with some scratch building, but it shouldn't be too hard and I am not worrying about perfection, the original High Rollers were simplified and a little absurd anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That's cool! I remember seeing it when I was doing google searches for the Monogram High Roller kits. It pops up in image searches. I was considering giving a Monogram '55 Chevy street machine a similar treatment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...