Model Cars Magazine Forum

How much did the Hot Wheels Legends to Life sell for new when they came out?

jchrisf

59 minutes ago, ranma said:

According to Hot Wheel's collectors news (1997) the 1/24 was around $15.00

Thanks for the info Rick.. Wish I would have gotten one then.. that is a great price for a cool thing like this.  I'm seeing them around $450 now.

These things were cool, but I think they went for more than $15 when new. I had Hot Wheels Legends to Life 1/24 red Twin Mill and the regular two car set of the 1/24 and 1/64 green Twin Mill. Bought both sets from the same guy on eBay for real cheap. Sold all of them for a great profit. The green set had the box and everything just needed a good cleaning. Tripled what I paid for them, about $80. The Legend To Life didn't work and was filthy. Cleaned it up and got it working. Here's a video. The scoop was missing on the left engine at this point. I made a resin copy of the right scoop and replaced it. The sounds come from a cassette. Made four times what I paid for it, about $120.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

These things were cool, but I think they went for more than $15 when new. I had Hot Wheels Legends to Life 1/24 red Twin Mill and the regular two car set of the 1/24 and 1/64 green Twin Mill. Bought both sets from the same guy on eBay for real cheap. Sold all of them for a great profit. The green set had the box and everything just needed a good cleaning. Tripled what I paid for them, about $80. The Legend To Life didn't work and was filthy. Cleaned it up and got it working. Here's a video. The scoop was missing on the left engine at this point. I made a resin copy of the right scoop and replaced it. The sounds come from a cassette. Made four times what I paid for it, about $120.

That's really cool Tim.. you should've keep them longer.  I think you could get a lot more for them now.  If they were $15, I wish I would have bought a few of them back then.