Model Cars Magazine Forum

A couple of ideas.

Repstock

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that explains something I've been wondering about.

I've had a flock of Canadas hanging out around here for years.  Sometimes as many as 50 in my pastures.  Even had a mated pair raise their goslings in my lower pasture the last two years.

This year, I've seen something I've never seen before.  I have two old, wild apple trees in my back yard.  I don't bother with pruning or spraying so the apples are usually wormy and scabby, but the deer don't seem to mind.

This year, the GEESE are cleaning them all up!  I've also had two pairs of twin fawns hanging out here all Summer and I've watched the geese chase them off so they can eat the apples!  After a good breeze, there'll be a carpet of windfall apples under those trees in the morning.  By sundown, they're usually all gone.  They even "bob for apples" in the little drainage ditch that runs by the trees.  I was wondering how they were "chewing" the apples, but that close-up of their maw certainly explains it!

They don't bother the garden or anything else, other than producing goose poop all out of proportion to their size, so I just let them be.