Model Cars Magazine Forum

What car or truck have you always wanted ?

• 2 weeks later...

1953-54 Studebaker Starlite coupe!  Yes, I missed a few back in the 'sixties, when a nice stocker could be had for $300.00.  A blower Hawk would have been nice, too, or even the Packard-engined Golden Hawk.  Those never came my way.  Did own a '62 Hawk GT, but nice as it was in 1975, it was a slush-box-- oh, bought for $1,700, sold for  $2,000 -- now $20,000!

I have a '54 sedan that -- live long enough (76 now) I'll build into a roadster; S-10 frame shortened, IROC Z V-8/T-5 combo, on hand.  It was a 'survivor' with no back glass, and all that implies!  Collector got the running gear, with 232 V-8, 3-sp/OD.  

I could write a book about the cars that got away -- but what oldster couldn't?  Only model kits, now.

I dreamed of owning a 58 - 60 Thunderbird! Just love that body style. A neighbor had a yellow hardtop 58 with black and white interior and his wife had a coral 60 convertible with a white interior.

I had a 70 Boss 429 Mustang 4 speed car, minus the Boss 429 and 4 speed !LOL I bought it at a farm equipment auction lot for 800 dollars where it sat back by the fence.

Somewhere along the line it had wound up with a 351 Cleveland under the hood backed up with a 3 speed.

Drove it for about a year and sold it for 3,000 dollars to a guy who eventually restored it.

I miss my 1973 Duster (VL29G3B375353 -- in case it's still out there...) . I'd love another '73 , but I can't afford them anymore (they were dirt cheap in the 80's and 90's) . 

Another dream car would be a 1970 Yenko Deuce LT-1 Nova. I'd love one in that light metallic green , or black-on-black. 

1970-nova-yenko.jpg.39dacda5f5fc9da7747c1f24cece46a7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, webestang said:

Dreaming......68 Cobra Jet..........

0Zt7Ns4.jpg

What I really want is a Fox Mustang hatch in white. I currently own a 88 red convertible and a blue 85 notch. 

If I can get the white one then I will own all 3 body styles in red, white and blue..........! 😎

I have a '91 red hatchback with a 5.8L buried somewhere in the garage... 🤔

• Like 1

Wow, I want so many. Ferrari 330 GTC, Chrysler Airflow, '58 Edsel, Mercedes 500E, '41 Packard LeBaron Sport Brougham, '67 G.T.O. ,'67 Olds 442 , and a Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione 16V rally car to start.

Edited by ZTony8

On 1/25/2022 at 11:51 PM, deuces wild said:

I have a '91 red hatchback with a 5.8L buried somewhere in the garage... 🤔

My 85 notch needs a V8 swap, a 351 would be very fun. After I buy a house I'm going to seriously look for a Fox hatch to paint white. 

• Like 2