Model Cars Magazine Forum

Welly 2016 Dodge Charger

Snake45

AFAIK, this is the ONLY 1/24-25 model of the late-model Dodge Charger available. (I WISH there were a plastic kit.) Diecastmodelswholesale offered them in white or black. I'd have much preferred a nice metallic blue or even red, but there it is. The white didn't really speak to me so I got black. Ah shucks oh well, it has sort of a Chicago PD vibe to it.

I bought it planning to turn it into a phantom 2-door coupe. I knew that would be a lot of work, but due to the way Welly did the side glass, it'll be even more difficult than I thought. So I'm just leaving it alone, at least for the time being. Ironically (considering I was gonna epoxy the doors in place to do the conversion), the door lines on this one are among the very best I've ever seen on any diecast. And the doors close TIGHT--I have to stick something thin in the jamb to get them open. 

There's not a lot to Snake-Fu on the thing, so here's what it looks like right out of the box. If you want a late-model Charger, I can recommend it. And AFAIK, it IS the only game in town.

2016Charger01.jpg.b8da6fa4d39003cfe34c98b29e338a91.jpg

2016Charger03.jpg.12cbbc40e548cca9f299602321e2df12.jpg

2016Charger04.jpg.a0962b61ccf316121209dcf4495ce452.jpg

2016Charger08.jpg.90320538aa516ad9f07f038510dda651.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/22/2022 at 3:49 PM, keyser said:

Swap wheels and drop the nose a bit.

Good ideas, but I don't have any suitable wheels/tires to swap. Also, it would be very difficult to alter the ride height of this model, unlike those with simple wire axles such as the Welly '65 Impala. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have one red and one purple of these...(They can be had on ebay reasonably priced) I wish I could say they were 1/25 scale, but they are closer to 1/27 scale... Not sure why they went smaller than the gen release before this one... (That one was true 1/24 scale)

These are very well appointed models, as the doors and the hood open, and both with very tight fits... So tight, you need a razor blade to open them... And the doors are NOT dog legged!!! 

I just don't like the scaling, for sure... Just too small... BUT, they did a great job replicating it... And the hood DOES open...😉

I may just have to get one of those black ones... That one wasn't available when I bought mine...