Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks, Rusty!  I hope to complete it by Sunday.  The wood base you see will serve as the platform for my Rat Trike Diorama.  I am really enjoying this build!  In fact, with all the talent on this forum, I would love to see others build their versions of the Rat Trike.  I strongly believe there would be some outstanding builds.  More too come . . .

Today, I added the rusty wheel and two (2) lanterns.  The lanterns were hand painted Vallejo's Bronze (Bronze) #70.998.  I hope to receive the lake headers, soon.  Now, it's time to attack the diorama base.  bisc63 and Jantrix, would you color the Lake Headers silver, white, or black?DSC_2375.JPG.48d25f5b828eb31fcb71501b15589b2e.JPG

DSC_2380.JPG

8 minutes ago, Chappy said:

would you color the Lake Headers silver, white, or black?

Boy, that's a tough call. It should be done the way YOU like it!

IF it were mine, in keeping with the "rattitude" of the build, I would go flat black with some rust stains to indicate these were well used pipes pulled from a junker.

On 2/20/2022 at 4:41 PM, bisc63 said:

Boy, that's a tough call. It should be done the way YOU like it!

IF it were mine, in keeping with the "rattitude" of the build, I would go flat black with some rust stains to indicate these were well used pipes pulled from a junker.

As bisc63 suggested, I kept an attitude of "rattitude" throughout the build.  Ladies and gentlemen, I present  the "Rat Trike!"  (I truly appreciate all the positive reinforcement.)  ChappyDSC_2408.JPG.bf4f3b46c6f79ec2cc19bc020649306a.JPG

DSC_2406.JPG

Edited by Chappy

Bisc63, E-Z/P-Z!  

On 2/24/2022 at 7:47 PM, bisc63 said:

Now, about how you managed to get those rear aluminum wheels to rust...😁

First, I soaked the wheels in La's Totally Awesome.  Then, I sprayed the wheels in Krylon's Black Primer.  Afterwards, I grabbed Vallejo's Rust, Statin, & Streaking Set, covering the primer with Chocolate Brown #70.872.  Let it semi-dry and then sprayed Light Rust #70.301 from the same Vallejo kit.  Finally, I sprayed about three coats of Testors Dullcote over the wheels.  The result: rusted wheels!

22 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Bisc63, E-Z/P-Z!  

First, I soaked the wheels in La's Totally Awesome.  Then, I sprayed the wheels in Krylon's Black Primer.  Afterwards, I grabbed Vallejo's Rust, Statin, & Streaking Set, covering the primer with Chocolate Brown #70.872.  Let it semi-dry and then sprayed Light Rust #70.301 from the same Vallejo kit.  Finally, I sprayed about three coats of Testors Dullcote over the wheels.  The result: rusted wheels!

I think he was being facetious in that an aluminum wheel wouldn't rust... ;)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...