Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brockway 360 Heavy Haul Tractor

While waiting for inspiration and a few parts for the wrecker, I'm starting a new one.  Brockway 360 from AITM along with headache rack, fuel tanks and battery boxes.  Winch from ebay, same as on my dumpster truck build.  Chassis is from the Pete wrecker, lift axle is a Neway from GW.  Front tires are floats from KJ (wish I had bought more while he was in business) and rears are 22.5's from Scenes Unlimited along with the rear 2 hole wheels.  I tried to fit a DD 12V but it's just too big so this will have a 8V92 also from GW.

P1030365.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Looking forward to your Cortland  Cadillac 

Please keep your squirrels under control.  They have already changed this build 4 times and just changed it again.  (Each time it gets more complicated!)  The latest is adding a large front bumper with a winch (smaller than the back one, but same style)

12 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Hehe he yeah those squirrels get carried away.

Like idea of a front winch, works well on the heavy haul theme 

Well, it came about as a result of trying to get the right cab height which puts the gap to the top of the bumper way too large.  The Pete frame drops right at the front, I know I should have used a Mack chassis but I had this one just sitting and in most other respects, it fits the build.  To overcome the gap, I have a second big bumper from AITM like the one I'm using on the General wrecker.  I can mount this to the frame with little extra effort and the small winch I have will justify using the big bumper.

I picked up a couple of bumpers from Dave at AITM.  I thought they would look good on the GMC wrecker build.  It comes from the Hayes conversion kit but he sold me just the bumpers.  (Dave was good like that!)  I decided to use the other one for this build, filled in the notch for the Hayes nose and I've recessed holes for a set of Perlux fog lights.  Trim rings took a whole bunch of tries to get concentric holes punched.

P1030366.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...