Model Cars Magazine Forum

Harry Canyon's cab

Nazz

Here is a project that I started a long time ago. I am a little reluctant to post this one because it was started so long ago  and I have run into some issues that are preventing me from finishing it. I will get there it may just take some time. Due to recient events I have chosen to share what I have so  far so it may be appriciated by others on this forum. 

This model started as a r&r offering but I didn't think it was very accurate so I chose to modify it into something resembling the cab from the movie Heavy Metal.  I had to modify the frame to allow the wheels I chose to fit. I drilled out the frame to accept the new axels. I also tubbed the rear to make room for the rear wheels.

I removed the headlights because they were crooked and to make it easier to finish them.

The pictures below show the modification to the body to resemble the cab from the movie.

Rock on!

Jerry

DSC00733.JPG

DSC00734.JPG

DSC00735.JPG

DSC00736.JPG

DSC00888.JPG

DSC00889.JPG

DSC00895.JPG

DSC00900.JPG

Edited by Nazz
spelling
  • Like 1

I removed the floor to make some changes. Here are the pics of the interior. I altered the steering wheel to be closer to the one in the movie. Added the fold away seats behind the front seat. Changed the front seat headrest. Added the radio, shifter and scaning screens for the driver. Also added a calendar for Harry as was in the movie. Also made the "venition blind" for the back window.

Rock on!

Jerry

DSC00903.JPG

DSC00997.JPG

DSC00998.JPG

DSC00999.JPG

• Like 2

That is way cool! Nobody messes with Harry Canyon. "Pretty but dumb. I put it off as a three day ride with one hell of a tip". I don't recall the exact wording. Don't forget the little red button down near the pedals where he gets rid of unwanted passengers. "Take me to the UN building", Yeah, they turned it into low rent housing".

• Like 1

"Sucker play or not, I must have turned her on somethin' fierce. 'Cause this dame was goin' for broke. Or maybe it was her first time with a New Yorker, I dunno. Anyway, nothing can beat good old American know-how. And I was givin' this broad the Stars and Stripes Forever".

Way cool project.

• Like 1

Here are some detail pieces for the cab.  I took some creative licence with the taxi sign as I could not find an exact match.

I should have mentioned if you are a fan of the movie you might want to check out my Taarna model in the " all the rest forum" in  the finished part. [Shameless plug]

Rock on!

Jerry

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

Edited by Nazz

Looks awesome 

“ my name is harry canyon. I drive a cab. “

” hey you free?”

” Ya get in”

” where to pal”

” the UN building “

” UN building what a joke. They turned it into low rent housing. “

” ok sucker hand over your cash. Now!”

zzzzzzzzzppppppp

* screams in agonizing pain “

sigh “ stupid asshole, nobody touches harry canyon unless I want them to “

I was 13 when i saw that first time in 81. Never saw cartoon sex before that movie. lol I’ve watched it literally 1000s of times since. Owned it on every format it’s been released on. I know every single line. It’s my favourite movie ever. 
Excellent choice for a build 🤘