Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just getting started with this one, so far it has a modified 57 Chrysler 300 chassis, and the rear trunk floor from the same, mock up wheels maybe the ones, not sure till I've tried a few others. 

Rear fenders have been widened 

Thanks for dropping by....

Alex

Edited by Vintage AMT
  • Like 1

I like the mods so far. The widened fenders are a must. Where is the bed floor from? The Chrysler 300? I like it. 

I have a 55 Ford that I have been pecking away at for years that I have modified every part of. This makes me want to do some more pecking on it.

Later-

IMG_20201118_052033293.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Tom, you have done a few mods to that one, chop, fender relocation, wide rears, custom bed work, I really like it. You should do some more pecking!! What chassis do you have under it?

14 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Where is the bed floor from? The Chrysler 300?

Yes, 

Alex

So far it is just square styrene. I stalled out trying to make a custom chassis for it. My plan is to get back on it very soon.

I reworked the front and rear window frames after the chop to bring them back to stock height. I also cleaned up the bottoms of fenders and made new running boards so that the bottom was all on one plane. And sectioned the cab 1/8 inch.

What other plans do you have for yours?

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

40 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

And sectioned the cab 1/8 inch.

Yeah, I missed that on the first look, but I see it now.

I plan to do the same as you with the bottom of the fenders and running board. I've been trying to figure out how to make the hood open forward, will also be shaving the door handles and hood emblems, maybe a split tailgate? All this is just wishful thinking but doeable.. I first started this build sometime back in 1996!! So...........no big rush.

33 minutes ago, Zippi said:

The 53 plickup is looking pretty kewl.  The mods are looking great man.  

thanks Zippi.

Alex

5 hours ago, Vintage AMT said:

All this is just wishful thinking but doeable.. I first started this build sometime back in 1996!! So...........no big rush.

Alex

That's funny...I think I started mine around that time too. Somewhere in the mid 90's. Someday I'll finish it.

Later-