Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody help me out or lead me in the wright direction

Minnesota thunder

Anybody  help me out has anyone built the 79 Oldsmobile  cutlass model kit  yet  I seen this on Google alwhile ago  and it was was from here does anyone know  if this person  really made this  kit or not  cause the info to contact person is no longer  cause I'd sure to buy a couple kits if some out there has build them please get hold of me im big cutlass cutlass  owner myself

Screenshot_20220719-051135_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks like he started with a Monte Carlo, Regal or Hurst Olds. 'Cause something looks off about it. Seems like the body is too boxy, the trunk drops off too much and the wheel wells have too much flare to them.

1-owner-1980-oldsmobile-cutlass-supreme-only-31255-original-miles-2.jpg.eb3d212a94c44bc478e7086af704cd21.jpg

7300005-1979-oldsmobile-cutlass-std-c.jpg.796eb23dfd108f2e57cd7aceedecce25.jpg

That being said, I would like to build one of these. I just don't think enough people would pony up for a kit of one.

I think the lowrider guys would love it, though.

BTW, Ranma is a member on this forum, maybe he can share some information on it.

• Like 1

Thanks for all input id surely love if someone   would build one or I build one to have  look like to my real cutlass it be a keepsake  forever since I'm a car guy and collector   think someone tell BTW Ranma to message me to info he might know more about this  thanks   Minnesota  thunder

25 minutes ago, Minnesota thunder said:

You got the info  of that guy doing that  let me know  thanks  can con

Sorry, I don't. Best thing to do would be keep searching on there for it. I used to come across it every few weeks but don't remember seeing it for a month or two now.

Round2 is going to be reissuing the 80 Monte Carlo and that would be a good starting point for a conversion. Another possible source would be to look on Facebook for a page called Too Many Projects as he creates some really nice 3D prints of stuff not typically offered in a kit.