Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bonneville SaltFlat Hudson

Resin SaltFlats ,all the hard stuff has been done by J/F so all I have to do is fit in a chassis and somewhat of an interior with a driver. Chassis choices are 62 Chevy or Revell 57 Ford , the fit is pretty good on both. Hopefully this one will be straight forward with out problems ,yeah right😆

20220911_075431.jpg

Edited by BIGTRUCK
Thread .oved to WIP

• BIGTRUCK changed the title to Bonneville SaltFlat Hudson(Mods please move to WIP my mistake)

Hi, great to see you going to build this, I built one a few years ago using the Moebius Hudson chassis, a good fit. I altered the fin and the windscreen is a cut down plastic spoon. I look foward to seeing your build. I hope you do not mind I have put in a few pics of mine to inspire you to do it.

DSCN0575.JPG

DSCN0578.JPG

DSCN0483.JPG

DSCN0484.JPG

• Like 3

• BIGTRUCK changed the title to Bonneville SaltFlat Hudson
On 9/11/2022 at 10:44 AM, TarheelRick said:

What engine are you considering for this one?  Going to be fun watching it come together.

409, it fits great in this Ford chassis.

Just a few body mods. I will run the exhaust out of the rear of the body. Dont know why I put an engine in, have to turn it upside down to see it. This Hudson just screamed for a driver , so I made a small interior and filed down an old Monogram Nascar driver. Got the body down about as low as I can go.

20220914_154125.jpg

20220914_154134.jpg

20220914_154150.jpg

20220914_154236.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, Bruce Scully said:

Hi, great to see you going to build this, I built one a few years ago using the Moebius Hudson chassis, a good fit. I altered the fin and the windscreen is a cut down plastic spoon. I look foward to seeing your build. I hope you do not mind I have put in a few pics of mine to inspire you to do it.

DSCN0575.JPG

DSCN0578.JPG

DSCN0483.JPG

DSCN0484.JPG

Looks really good. Interior works and looks good in the bigger opening. Yours is the 1st one I ever saw completed.