Model Cars Magazine Forum

Narrow nose Kenworth hood conversion

leafsprings

The only place that I know that offered these was Spaulding Trading and Shipping and Bobby Griffin. Others may have, but I don’t remember seeing one. I had a Bobby Griffin version and sold it and I still have a Spaulding version that I hope to make a drag truck out of one day. You might try calling Spaulding. If she still has the mold, you might convince her to cast one or she may have a couple cast already. That is the way I was able to get a 7400 cab a few years ago. She was also getting rid of some Bobby Griffin stuff sometime back. It may be worth a try.

On 9/14/2022 at 3:34 PM, dwc43 said:

Check AIT or Sour Krauts. I think one of them used to have it.

With AIT I think you mean American Industrial Truck Models but it is no more as the owner Dave Natale passed in March, but everything he had is to Keystone Aluminum Model Miniatures https://www.kamodelminis.com/ and they are stocking up now and might have what you need.

On 9/17/2022 at 4:13 AM, Force said:

With AIT I think you mean American Industrial Truck Models but it is no more as the owner Dave Natale passed in March, but everything he had is to Keystone Aluminum Model Miniatures https://www.kamodelminis.com/ and they are stocking up now and might have what you need.

Thanks. I did not know he passed. Sorry to hear that. He will be missed.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, leafsprings said:

Thanks guys for all the replies. Will try Spauldings, thanks Brian, they seem to come thru with hard to find pieces from time to time. 

Tommy, you may be just as well off to make your own. I have started mine. I suspect that both the Spaulding version and the Bobby Griffen version have the same origin. Both of the ones that I have had have issues with the grill fitting the hood. It appears that for the grille, the center section from the AMT cabover was used. It appears that the frame of the grille was cut down on each side of the emblem and attached to the center section from the cabover. The hood was cut on each side close to the top curve. I'm building a drag racing truck. I will start a build thread soon.