Model Cars Magazine Forum

Basement Resin printed parts

JS23U

3 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Nice Dodge wheels , will you be making the super coup wheel ?

212121_Magnum_wheel_02.jpg

Mr Mopar: I didn't have that plan yet, but it is not out of the world. They don't look too difficult. Could you help with good photos and some dimensions? If so, please send me a pm.

If I may make a suggestion: One of the frustrations I've had in this area is that the objects are TOO faithfully reproduced. If the wheel cover needs areas painted black, fo instance, I would very much appreciate if those areas had exaggerated depth to aid in painting. I plan to do exactly what you're doing, and I've added this feature to all my drawings. Note the extra depth I've added on this one to allow easier painting:

I'm very excited about what you're doing!

Duzter.JPG

• Like 2

Tom, you are exactly right. The art about it is to find the sweet spot where you are able to paint the part and not make it look toy-like because you exaggerated too much. Usually you will need (at least) one loop to get it right.

See attachment for the current version of my "Bullitt" wheel cover. I had them chromed and I expect that I will be able to detail paint the recesses. The shown covers are prototype parts printed on a private printer in grey resin.

If anyone of my future customers might not be happy with the design I beg him to contact me and give me feedback. Thanks!

20221108_073844_.jpg

20210919_141039_.jpg.83bc4d825a6f0c1776bf867b19b067e2.jpg

Here is an example a friend of mine printed on his personal printer. My Dodge truck hubcap installed on one of my 16.5" rims. The tire is the two piece item out of the AMT F-350 Star Truk.

Second picture is the same rim and tire but with my wheel hub.

20210919_141240_.jpg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those who haven't taken a look into my shop. I have a few other items for sale, not just wheels.

-69 SC/Rambler grille. The kit has a 66 grille as it was based on the 66 annual

-Chevrolet tailgate for converting the GMC 1/25 kit

-Enduro wheels for the parts pack motorcycles

-White 4000/9000 grill. You will have to source a hood to convert a Diamond REO or similar into a White

-Chevy truck hubcaps/hubs for use with the 16" wheels in my shop (the same wheels as used for my Dodge truck caps)

Slowly expanding...

Grill 69 SC Rambler_02.jpg

Chevy Tailgate_03.jpg

Enduro_01.jpg

White V1_01.jpg

Chevy hubcaps.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

New item:

1968/69 AMC Javelin and AMX engine bay. Includes the four "walls" as one piece, plus separate parts for radiator, blower motor, master cylinder, wiper motor.
The last two pictures show the parts "as printed", with runners.

The shape is correct for 1968/69 Javelin and AMX and is designed for the Johan kits. The parts will work with the 1970 model year (and maybe even 1971 to 74) as well but wouldn't be correct. The shock towers changed for 1970, among other smaller things.

If you want to use the kit chassis, the front inner wheel wells need to be removed. Expect a little adjustment work on body and chassis.

Snapshot_01.jpg

Snapshot_02.jpg

Snapshot_05.jpg

Shapeways_20240103_05_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

Shapeways_20240103_06_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

Edited by JS23U
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 3:46 PM, JS23U said:

New item:

1968/69 AMC Javelin and AMX engine bay. Includes the four "walls" as one piece, plus separate parts for radiator, blower motor, master cylinder, wiper motor.
The last two pictures show the parts "as printed", with runners.

The shape is correct for 1968/69 Javelin and AMX and is designed for the Johan kits. The parts will work with the 1970 model year (and maybe even 1971 to 74) as well but wouldn't be correct. The shock towers changed for 1970, among other smaller things.

If you want to use the kit chassis, the front inner wheel wells need to be removed. Expect a little adjustment work on body and chassis.

Wow! I definitely did not expect to see that offered in resin or 3D, but I'm glad I saw it now...And ordered one immediately.

I've had Shirley Shahan's Drag-On-Lady SS AMX stalled for years because of the lack of proper engine bay. I was trying to find a decent starting point for making one myself, but never got to it. This looks like it will make things a lot easier.

I also ordered a set of those Dragster wheels. Interesting to see how they look in person.:)