Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT/MPC/Revell 1973 corvette from scrap parts bin

Whosurdaddy209

I'm no Vette expert but I have not seen many with a stinger hood, even big block powered cars. They are out there but most are custom fitted. I researched tons of pics online and even big block cars seem to have the hood one normally associates with the 350 engine. I do prefer the "big block" hood better though. Maybe someone with a bit more Vette knowledge can clarify.

31 minutes ago, lordairgtar said:

I'm no Vette expert but I have not seen many with a stinger hood, even big block powered cars. They are out there but most are custom fitted. I researched tons of pics online and even big block cars seem to have the hood one normally associates with the 350 engine. I do prefer the "big block" hood better though. Maybe someone with a bit more Vette knowledge can clarify.

They used the same hood as small block cars in 73, but I only had a spare flat hood from an old amt annual kit, so I molded the 68-69 L88 scoop on it, I also had to remove the wiper door from the original 71 body

• 9 months later...

This one has been sitting for a while, I think it’s about time to finish it up, I think I stopped right around the time to do the interior, I think I’m gonna go with dark saddle, I thought about black but i think it would be to boring on this car since the green doesn’t exactly scream look at me😁

IMG_2258.jpeg

IMG_2261.jpeg