Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 A12 SuperBee

LVZ2881

This is going to be a replica stock build for a club contest. Paint will be Tamiya Metallic Green, trying to get a close match to Mopar Rallye Green, with a white tail stripe and white interior. Going to the local Dodge dealer to pick up some Street hemi Orange engine paint to start the engine work. Wheels are Resin peices generously given to me by our own board member "Airbrush Ayatollah", which I thought I had lost but happened to find when I started this build.

I have replicated the factory chassis overspray as well used some yellow and red paint for inspection paint markings on the suspension.

P1020881.jpg

P1020882.jpg

P1020883.jpg

Edited by LVZ2881

Ooo....an A12 Bee? One of my favorite Mopars, hands down.

Here's a green one I spotted at a local show:

DSCN2912-vi.jpg

And there were two A12 Road Runners racing in the F.A.S.T. class at the same event:

DSCN2929-vi.jpg

I'll be watching this build as it progresses. Looking good so far, James.

Ooo....an A12 Bee? One of my favorite Mopars, hands down.

Here's a green one I spotted at a local show:

DSCN2912-vi.jpg

And there were two A12 Road Runners racing in the F.A.S.T. class at the same event:

DSCN2929-vi.jpg

I'll be watching this build as it progresses. Looking good so far, James.

The chassis looks good so far. What did you use to replicate the cosmoline coated lower control arms? I found a 50/50 mix of Testors gold and zinc oxide is a failry decent match.

I love the A-12 cars. If you need some info, head to the Lift Off Hood Playground, HERE , which is dedicated to teh Dodge and Plymouth A-12 cars.

I have plans for an EL5 Butterscotch/Bahama Yellow A-12 of my own. The Monogram kit has always been one of my favorite.

bscotchA12.jpg

Casey. I used straight testors gold for the cosmoline coating...it looks close enough for me..

I plan to pick up another one of these kits and build a different colored version...it may be the butterscotch as well.

I like the "weird", rarely seen colors.....

• 1 month later...

got more done on the 'Bee..body is painted with a couple light coats of clear. I will BMF it then clear it again. Interior is done, used embossing powder instead of flocking for carpeting, engine is started and used authentic Mopar Street Hemi Orange for the color...

its getting close, needs to be done for a club build on Tuesday......wish me luck. :)

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

LV, My Super Bee was that color, I always thought it was F-5 Green, or "Light Green Metalic" Mine had a Black interior and a 440 Automatic.Other than my 69 Charger, my 69 Bee was one of my FAVORITE cars. That B body style was the nicest style Chrysler ever had, IMO. Your is lookin GREAT so far! :P