Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy

Scale-Master

A quick build kit, used HOK Tangelo over a red base and the lower accent color is a warm cream/pale yellow mixed from Testors enamels. I went with a gunmetal instead of chrome for most of the trim to give it a meaner look.

Some decals from a sheet I did for the '07 IPMS Nationals, and a vibrant spash of color from some refective yellow vinyl in the rear q-panel trim. I did shave a few items from the body, but besides that and the decals, it's what came in the box... - Mark

DSC07817.jpg

DSC07818.jpg

DSC07821.jpg

DSC07825.jpg

DSC07826.jpg

Thanks everyone! As you can see, I am not afraid to use all the colors in the crayon box...

Yes, it is the Revell snap kit. Overall it fits very well, (goes together in the dark). There are a few sink marks on the body, but they were sanded out when I took off the mold lines and I didn't have to use any putty. It's not perfect, but it was a fun build. I do recommend it for a relaxing build, great kit if you approach it as a slammer.

I was originally drawn to the wheels, but the set in mine were not as crisp as I hoped, it may just have been the one I got (a plating issue) or it could have been in the actual molding. Without stripping the chrome I can't make that call.

It comes with some pretty nice stickers too, if you trim them they look quite nice, like in the rear quarter trim. But they won't conform to the Bel Air lettering, so shave the lettering if you want to use the stickers. That is why I went with the vinyl and now it's a '57 Chevy Huntington...

The stickers on the seats are from the kit. Dresses it up real quick.