Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Phoenix Police car

tuffone20

I think this one came out pretty good and I was able to do it with the help of a good friend that made me the decals and Dan Baker for his input on getting the decals to look just right!! ;) I still have to get a license plate on it as I over looked needing one when I had the decals made :) And I need to still put a antenna on the trunk but for now it's done!!!

Enjoy the photos and let me know what you think..

Thanks, Marty

100_1555.jpg

100_1558.jpg

100_1560.jpg

100_1561.jpg

Mary that's a nice looking cruiser.Those Phoenix cops sure keep there cars clean! Thanks

It's easy when they only get rained on three times a year! :lol:

Marty,

I seem to remember seeing one of these around my neighborhood (35th Ave & Cactus) a couple of years back, but I can't remember if it was Phoenix PD or DPS. But it was a late '60's or early '70's Ford. Did you by chance to see that one?

I do remember seeing these in some old photos and a couple of movies (was it Dirty Harry?) and you really captured the look.

Super clean build! Amazing job on the BMF. :D

Thanks!! But I really can't take the credit for doing the BMF, I wanted to get the model done for our Sat. meeting and still had lots of other stuff to do. So I got some help from my friend Raoul and I still don't know how he can do such a good job as fast as he was able to do it?????

I wish Id gathered a few of these before they got pricey again :P got one I built as a SFPD like on Streets of SF...anyway you did a great job, the ant. will really finish it off.

Yeah I'd like to find some more at the price I got this one for. I paid $10 for it at one of our build sessions and I have one that Hobby Heaven did and that one was $10

Mary that's a nice looking cruiser.Those Phoenix cops sure keep there cars clean! Thanks

I think you missed a T <_< and thanks

Looks awesome Marty! Sorry I missed it at the meeting but it looks really good. Not many replicas of the old tan cars from here. Now I need you to teach me how to make such nice pics on this site :D:lol:

Yeah you missed out on a great time!! (Not many replicas of the old tan cars from here) that's going to change now that I have the decals for them!! And I can't wait to see what Danno does with his decals!!

As for the photos bring some of your cars over and I'll take some photos.......

And thanks to all that have replied this was a fun one to build.

It's easy when they only get rained on three times a year! <_<

Marty,

I seem to remember seeing one of these around my neighborhood (35th Ave & Cactus) a couple of years back, but I can't remember if it was Phoenix PD or DPS. But it was a late '60's or early '70's Ford. Did you by chance to see that one?

I do remember seeing these in some old photos and a couple of movies (was it Dirty Harry?) and you really captured the look.

And today is what our 1st good rain of the new year!!! :lol:

I can remember seeing a city yard some where around 19th Ave & Buckeye back about 20 plus years that had a much of the late 70's in it. And no I have not seen that one.