Model Cars Magazine Forum

Salty Ford

Mr.Zombie

Here is something that you either like or hate. Was a try to make a Bonnevile car. I dug it for a while, then washed it (the "salt") off. Body is a '32 five window, frame is whatever, interior is scratch wheels are sixties-something Mercury, Tires a 49 Merc up front, and whatever in the back. Engine is from a Pontiac GTO, scratch built headers, intake and carbs, scratch linkage, fuel cap in the roof, chopped, channeled, and so on...

pict5471.jpg

pict5462.jpg

pict5455.jpg

pict5458.jpg

pict5456.jpg

pict5445.jpg

pict5450.jpg

I like this one quite a bit......why????.....simple........it has "theme".......it could actually "exist".......and you could actually "DRIVE" it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........oh and one other minor thing......the crafstmanship is flawless........!!!! Thanks for sharing thisone!!!!

• 1 year later...

First of all - I REALLY like the build! It has great flavor (salty) and personality. Great execution!

I do have a question, however. How can the tires and wheels be so clean and the frame and body be so salty? Not a criticism - just a question.