Model Cars Magazine Forum

Labor Day Weekend Skip’s Car Show

First, I got to see my very good friend Jim Greene who was in Dubuque Iowa visiting his sister. As I had not been able to make it back to Seattle this year, as planned, it was great to get some time with him.

On the way, my wife and I stopped in Galena Illinois and saw a motorcycle with side car and trailer:

100_3566.jpg

100_3569.jpg

I missed a couple of car shows on Saturday as we were on our way back, but hit Skip’s show and swap meet at the Lake County Illinois Fairgrounds on Sunday. Some interesting cars there:

100_3592.jpg

100_3596.jpg

100_3639.jpg

100_3663.jpg

Anf here is the link to the Album

First, I got to see my very good friend Jim Greene who was in Dubuque Iowa visiting his sister. As I had not been able to make it back to Seattle this year, as planned, it was great to get some time with him.

On the way, my wife and I stopped in Galena Illinois and saw a motorcycle with side car and trailer:

100_3566.jpg

100_3569.jpg

I missed a couple of car shows on Saturday as we were on our way back, but hit Skip’s show and swap meet at the Lake County Illinois Fairgrounds on Sunday. Some interesting cars there:

100_3592.jpg

100_3596.jpg

100_3639.jpg

100_3663.jpg

Anf here is the link to the Album

[/

I used to go to a few shows when i lived in Illinois , Volo Museum , Carpentersville,Chrystal Lake, Dundee

and all over. Had a 36 ford P/U streetrod ,307 chevy W/R700 tranny mustang front end, power windows and A/C .

really miss that truck.

Edited by Dennis

Having lived in that area for 41 years, I got excited to see the pictures and wanted to say "Thanks Gerry!" for posting them. I went to Skip's for many years and remember cleaning out my garage of old car parts & tools and making $500 in about 4 hours 15 years ago at the swap meet.

I really miss the car show portion of the event as there were always some really nice cars and just about every type you could think of!

Thanks again and post more pics if you have them!