Model Cars Magazine Forum

compressors?

Alright guys (and gals),

Its coming up on Christmas time again and I've been saving my money to replace the air compressor I got last year for Christmas. Right now I am using the little blue aztec compressor that I got from my LHS. Can some of you (hopefully lots of you) put up some pics of the compressors you guys use to create your works of art. I am looking for one that is relatively quiet because my model room is part of the house. I do not have a garage that I can work in. Any ideas would be fantastic. Thanks again guys! I will also be posting this in the "tips, tricks and ideas" section, just so you know.

One of the quietest comps on the market is an IAWATA. They're not cheap but will last you a life time, they're whisper quiet. There is also a knock off on the market that will most likly be just as or close to how quiet the IAWATA is but more then likely won't last as long.

Just bought myself one of these, there made in China, (but then what isn't these days ?) by the Fenghua Bida Machinery Manufacture Co.

compressor.jpg

100_2758.jpg

Sits nicely under my desk, gives plenty of power and is pretty quiet, you can talk quiet easily while it's switched on, I know a lot of people bang on about Iwata, but the cheapest Iwata over here was £250.00, and then it only had a small 450 c.c airtank, I paid 75.00 for mine, has a 3 litre airtank, no contest !

Edited by GeeBee

Alright guys (and gals),

Its coming up on Christmas time again and I've been saving my money to replace the air compressor I got last year for Christmas. Right now I am using the little blue aztec compressor that I got from my LHS. Can some of you (hopefully lots of you) put up some pics of the compressors you guys use to create your works of art. I am looking for one that is relatively quiet because my model room is part of the house. I do not have a garage that I can work in. Any ideas would be fantastic. Thanks again guys! I will also be posting this in the "tips, tricks and ideas" section, just so you know.

Ben, one thing to consider being indoors, get you one of those portable tire tanks to piggy back your little one. They are not too big and it will keep your cycles to a minimum. A little bit longer cycle each time but might be worth it for the extra capacity.

Barry

You should be able to find a nail gun compressor for under $70. Just make sure it's an oiless compressor. Try to find one with a decent size tank so that way the compressor isn't on very long. There's really no quiet compressor when it's running. I would try places like Harbor and Freight. They usually have inexpensive compressors which should last 5-6 years before the motor burns up. That's with frequent use. But at the prices they have, it's worth it.

You should be able to find a nail gun compressor for under $70. Just make sure it's an oiless compressor. Try to find one with a decent size tank so that way the compressor isn't on very long. There's really no quiet compressor when it's running. I would try places like Harbor and Freight. They usually have inexpensive compressors which should last 5-6 years before the motor burns up. That's with frequent use. But at the prices they have, it's worth it.

Unless you get a hobby compressor (Iwata, Harbor Freight) that is supposed to be quiet, they will be noisy and probably too noisy to use in the house. My Harbor Freight airbrush compressor is very quiet. Not silent, but quiet enough that it doesn't disturb anyone in the rooms next to my shop. You fire up a nail gun compressor inside your house at 11pm and you'll wake everyone up!!!

corvecompressorairbrush005-vi.jpg?1291074678If you're looking for quiet, the best solution is a medium sized CO2 tank and a regulator. That being said I have this one & it works great for me .Like Marc said threy all will create noise & you will have to plan your painting schedule according. Edited by slapshot

That is a great looking spray booth. Any info would be appreciated.

corvecompressorairbrush005-vi.jpg?1291074678If you're looking for quiet, the best solution is a medium sized CO2 tank and a regulator. That being said I have this one & it works great for me .Like Marc said threy all will create noise & you will have to plan your painting schedule according.