Model Cars Magazine Forum

Highly Detailed GENERAL LEE.... finally done...!1yr and 6 days

mopar01lee

• 2 months later...

well got the general back on the bench sould have it done soon .. and since i started with the 68 2in 1 kit ,so it should be eligible for the gearz contest so im gonna get it done by the dead line an see.

well here goes got the interior done , windows in ,tail panel on ...

2012-04-22155420.jpg

2012-04-22155439.jpg

2012-04-22155609.jpg

2012-04-22172107.jpg

2012-04-22174706.jpg

thats it for now... later days davin.... under glass soon to come

I for 1 am very VERY glad Davin you overlooked some of the stuff I jus read, jus brought some of us down that r really enjoyin YOUR build!! Keep up the exellent work u r doin my friend n I will keep enjoyin!

Edited by MODERATOR
object to use of characters for language

Rite on rob! WE all b our own, my son n daughter r DND frieks, n 2 b honest my X n I practickly started da game, hehe. N jus so U no I'z doin models @ da same time (darn spell ck not workin, agin) anyway, lets jus B us!

Man i finally got to the end of this thread.... :blink: ...., im a new guy, and ive read through the hole lot.....Seems a shame to me theres so much of the thread wasted, when there is a fantastic build up going on ! Regardless of what the base car is, i learn a lot from this type of thread.... An being a General Lee fan ive really enjoyed the build... Thanks for sticking with it, you do awesome work, and you must be proud of the standard of detail youve achieved here... :D .... Lowlife ! !

Thanks for the complaints ...yeah Ied say I'm pretty pleased at how this has turned out so far.... I had some issues in the beginning of the build. As well as some frustrations ... bit it all coming together....

Later days davin

Edited by mopar01lee

lill update ... shes starting to look like a car now... lol

lill engine shots...

2012-04-22220647.jpg

2012-04-22220714.jpg

2012-04-22221400.jpg

2012-04-22221345.jpg

2012-04-22220621.jpg

enjoy the shot itll be done soon.. later days davin

lookin at my pics looks like i need to do some touch up on some paint ...lol

Edited by mopar01lee

Guest JamesDE

I too just read through all 18 pages, and I'm SMH (that means shaking my head in elderly terms) at the griping and complaining and nit picking goin On at the beginning... Even more shocked that a moderator was involved in it as well... I'm glad you kept at it.

Edited by JamesDE

Davin, I congratulate the massive effort & detail you've put into this build mate  But I can't help to ask why you didn't add some roll-bar padding? Or was that an oversight?

Cheers Dan 

Thanks for the comments ... as for the roll bar. I was gonna put padding on but the cage is so close to the roof the floor pan wouldn't fit in flush.... but I did think about doing it .....lol

Yeah I did .. if you look at the front upper windshield loop its already touching the window .... I may give it another look. But I didn't want to pull the tub out again .. we'll see. I may just pull it out cuz I really wanted padding in.

Later days ...... davin

Edited by mopar01lee

Oh I know... but if I did it I would want to put padding in the so-called Normal spots.not just in one spot you kw what I mean ... LOL we'll see I'll look in to it when I get home. An see if I can get it to work. I was passed this stage but with ur comments I realty wanna go back an give a another shot. Thanks bro.

Later days.davin

ok gettin told that i should do some rollbar padding .. i wanted to do some but didnt . now im glad i was talked in to it...

2012-04-25204347.jpg

2012-04-25204405.jpg

got some more engine detail done before i ripped it apart an added the padding..... lol

2012-04-25064010.jpg

2012-04-25064054.jpg

enjoy.... later days.... davin

If you watch the first season 2nd episode in "Daisy's Song", Waylon Jennings explains about the dang doors on the General Lee :lol:

Waylon said something to this effect "The reason why they craw in through the windows is because the doors on a racecar are welded shut" meaning the General was a racecar. Plus in the episode also in the very early first season in the episode "Repo Man" Waylon also commented that the General was a dirt track racer.

I just stumbled onto this thread and you my friend are correct, finally. lol. ii have season1-4 on dvd and just had make sure what you that I knew.lllalaa. the show they are welded shut as zerodude says, in person do you really think Denver Pyle(Uncle Jesse or Sorrel?? could really get in the back seat between the rollcage?) lol There is an auto museum in Murdo South Dakota, middle of nowhere that a documented g.l from show. I am a trucker have been there a few times, the one they have has functional everything with a 318 s.b, also there is Elenor from gone in 60 seconds and an original Tucker!! well, the Tucker is now gone and Elenor was on lease, but i have sat in that general, guys remeber our movie cars are just that in reality they are just classic cars. wow now i need 2 get to work on my 1/16 gl. which is a bummer kit. now im rambling, happy modeling.

yeah you must have missed the post on the headlights .... there scratched built and used the PE grill. an headlight buckets from a 64 impala....

will have a new update tonight ... did another workin feature on the general.. just a few more hrs an she should be under glass bound... till tonight ..

later days Davin