Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any idea when DENCON will be accepting new orders?

Matt was at the annual summer plastic kit flea market/swap meet Saturday 07-23 but I didn't get a chance to ask him about it; he won't speak to me.

= = = = = =

By the way. I looked at the thread (that Keith linked above) from Matt's forum. I see that Matt is now calling himself "The Master Caster."

The Master Caster is a name many of us in the car modeling clubs here in Phoenix (Moonlight Modelers and Cactus Car Modelers) bestowed on Greg Wann over a year and a half ago, because Greg's resin casting are so superb and superior to most resin products available. Greg is a humble guy, but he began using the name after we foisted it upon him.

It's been awhile since I looked at Dencon's forum, but last time I was there, Matt didn't use the term "Master Caster" at that time or any time before then; and I've been on his website since long after we began calling Greg "The Master Caster" and didn't see Matt using the name then.

People have asked me about the exquisite resin castings from Greg Wann that they have seen on this and other forums, including the Cosma Ray kit buildups that I and John Teresi have posted here. I have referred them to Greg Wann, The Master Caster. Gregg produces outstanding resin kits and parts.

Make no mistake; there should be no confusion; Greg Wann IS the Original Master Caster from Phoenix and is in no way affiliated with Dencon.

This is not a bash, just a factual statement as I do not want anyone to think I may have misled them by referring them to The Master Caster if they happened upon Dencon's site and may have thought that was the producer of the Cosma Ray kit and other exceptional resin kits or parts that I may have recommended. I do not recommend Dencon.

:lol:

Edited by Danno

i don't think there's anything different going on here than in any other business & life on the planet.

too bad the guy is going through a bunch of life's trials, but he should still be able to make refunds if his customers do not care to wait indefinately.

we all work hard for our money.

I went ot his website yesterday . Life is indeed interrupting his Business . I wish I had vision onto the future . Things would be different . I am a disabled shut in . I could have used the money spent here on something else I might enjoy before I pass . It won't matter in a hundred years anyway . God Bless you Matt . I pray all goes well and you can get back to business . Thanx ..

Hope Matt figures it out but I wouldn't hold my breath. In this hobby, if you see something in the aftermarket/cottage industry you want, get it. Don't wait because you never know how long it will be available. Resin casters, decal makers, etc, come and go with the changing seasons. It's always after one shuts down that we go, "sure wish I bought that before they shut down."

Hope Matt figures it out but I wouldn't hold my breath. In this hobby, if you see something in the aftermarket/cottage industry you want, get it. Don't wait because you never know how long it will be available. Resin casters, decal makers, etc, come and go with the changing seasons. It's always after one shuts down that we go, "sure wish I bought that before they shut down."

I'm with you on this one. I have lot's of resin kits I bought that I plan to build. Over half of them are no longer availible now!! Some are real recently discontinued too. Many will offer something then move on to another product.

this is a thread from another forum:

Dencon Resin who still has not shipped, answered e mails or registered letter for an order received November 15 2010, is now selling on Ebay under castenparts So think twice on ordering . Paul

They've been reported and just keep reappearing under new names and p.o. box.

Guest Johnny

this is a thread from another forum:

Dencon Resin who still has not shipped, answered e mails or registered letter for an order received November 15 2010, is now selling on Ebay under castenparts So think twice on ordering . Paul

They've been reported and just keep reappearing under new names and p.o. box.

It has been posted on his site for a long time that he was selling on ebay using another name.

it has been discussed adnauseum on another thread!

He hit a real patch of rough luck just after he expanded

Matt is a good guy and I sincerely hope things turn around for him soon.

It has been posted on his site for a long time that he was selling on ebay using another name.

it has been discussed adnauseum on another thread!

He hit a real patch of rough luck just after he expanded

Matt is a good guy and I sincerely hope things turn around for him soon.

im not downing the guy just putting fyi out there. ive never dealt with him just know a few that have. :wub: :wub: