Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Merc custom....The 2nd Merc

Mazdat

i agree on those 2nd skirts. 10 outta 10 on the craftsmanship. also im diggin those impala's in the back. got any build up threads on either em?

Not yet, I'm painting that 67 in the back ground, I'm taking pics as I move along. I'm also going to make a thread on the red 4 door Merc, probably tomorrow :)

Those skirts look great. How did you form the bubble in them? Looks like maybe .02" sheet and just bent and glued?

Exactly!! ;)

Looks like a HOMERUN to me and here is something to ponder on ;)

Picture012-1.jpg

Thanx!!! Nice Merc!!! I love me some Merc's!!! Here's another one I'm working on, I'm going to make a new thread for it...

Picture528.jpgIMAG0307-1.jpg

Edited by Mazdat

• 2 weeks later...

I like the color. What are you not wild about?

It was suppose to look more blue than purple, and when the light hits it, the red pearl was suppose to show. I was looking at it last night, the red pearl does show at certain angles, and the green pearl, it actually looks pretty good. I still have to clear it.

I must say, that I like that body shaping very much. It's clean and especially that look of the frontend is really nice, fender skirts are very good looking too. Nice paintjob, and I can see that bodywork is done nicely. Smooth paint and rough bodywork doesn't fit together, but this model doesn't have that kind of problems. Great color, very shiny and smooth.