Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

well i dont know if i can enter but all of your builds have given me inspiration to try this so heres the start

Looking at a video that Dr Cranky posted a day or two ago, it seems there are two levels of "entry" into this.

1) build a car and send it to Dr Cranky for the group photos. Maximum, 1 car per builder, vehicle can either be donated or you can pay return postage to get it back.

2) build a car and share the photos, but keep the car at home.

As such, you have already entered!

Looking at a video that Dr Cranky posted a day or two ago, it seems there are two levels of "entry" into this.

1) build a car and send it to Dr Cranky for the group photos. Maximum, 1 car per builder, vehicle can either be donated or you can pay return postage to get it back.

hey thanks alot i really appreciate it

Here's the beginnings of Stealthy Spike!

I'm going for a rusty three tone camo. Engine will be a scratch built futuristic power plant i.e. doesn't run on gas (model doesn't come with an engine anyway ... forced fun). Features spiky crushing arms (pirated from orange toy digger)

I don't know if those low profile tires will work on the Highway to Hell given the poor condition of the road :-). Anyone got tips on where I can get a set of wheel with knobby tires on line?

DSC_0136_smaller.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Edited by kimbogum

I'm going for a rusty three tone camo. Engine will be a scratch built futuristic power plant i.e. doesn't run on gas (model doesn't come with an engine anyway ... forced fun). Features spiky crushing arms (pirated from orange toy digger)

I don't know if those low profile tires will work on the Highway to Hell given the poor condition of the road :-). Anyone got tips on where I can get a set of wheel with knobby tires on line?

Just look for "HOT WHEELS MONSTER JAM TRUCK" on ebay or something. Quite a few of us are using them.

Apparently I failed to make this clear. The photo below is of my 1:25 car wearing Hotwheels 1:64 monster truck wheels.

P1000581-vi.jpg

Edited by otherunicorn

Ken, my friend, thank YOU for putting it so plainly and simply. You are right, those are the two options.

EVERYONE enters and has fun though. Best, DC

Welcome to all the new folks joining in the TZH SQUAD CARAVAN. I think our numbers are growing every day. Soon there will be a 100 strong CARAVAN, clearly a record breaker.

Please keep your progress pictures (the best you can take) coming for the Video Updates on the Lab-RAT-ory Channel!

Ten-Hut!

Eye Candy update

2012-02-08-Update1.jpg

Have to shield of the part of the cockpit that wont be in use. Or yes the gas tank will be there.

2012-02-08-update3.jpg

Same from the front wiew. There will be a wall between the gas tank and the cockpit. The cock pit will be covered whit netting.

2012-02-08-update2.jpg

Started on the pick up bed.

Edited by patami

The yellow wasn't working so I did a bare metal silver.

Right now I have coated a majority of it with the iron metallic stuff from the two part rusting system. After it dries I will apply the rusting solution and wrap it up for 24 hours. This will be my first time messing with the stuff too.

d7f7ec75.jpg

Which ones? I found 1/64th size.

Thanks,

Tim

That is them. The wheels on those things are huge!

I'm thinking the giant wheels when down to 1/64th on a 1/25 normal car would be about right. @otherunicorn was that what you're suggesting?

Exactly. You can see them on my photo of my 1/25 car.

Edited by otherunicorn

DSC_0136_smaller.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Justin, if you can post JPEGs it will be better for me to copy them over for the next video. Thanks, and it looks good. Keep it going.

heres some progress.

iron metal covering the car which is part 1 of the 2 part rust system

DSC03506.jpg

rusting solution applied through a spray bottle on mist, and wrapped in plastic.

DSC03507.jpg

15 minutes into watching the stuff do it's thing, you can see some rusty areas forming.

DSC03508.jpg

we shall see how it turns out in 24 hours!