Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Ok, progress on the Waste Buggy.

It's in primer, waiting for it's paint job... but that doesn't stop it from looking awesome so far-

Just a quick overview, this build has no "make, model, year" to base it on. The engine is completely parts boxed, and all the pieces are scratch built or parts boxed as well.

It has a .30 cal minigun attached to it, belt fed from the rear end of the vehicle (which is also where the gas tank is housed). This was scratched from styrene rod and parts box fodder...

the roof flips back (I will be putting in a hydraulic rod in the rear of the cab for open-cab shots) to allow access to the inside.

I will also be putting rubber tires on after the paint job is finished.

Without further adieu, here is the Waste Buggy in primer-

2012051617_32_35-vi.jpg

2012051617_32_43-vi.jpg

2012051617_32_50-vi.jpg

2012051617_33_01-vi.jpg

2012051617_33_19-vi.jpg

Coming up later this evening or tomorrow- my van build....

'til next time!

As you guys may have noticed, this is where I start getting serious about the builds- using better parts, planning out stuff, ad making an effort all around to make better quality builds (not that I wasn't trying in the first place, but my skill has gotten TONS better over the past 6 months I've been on here...) that i plan on taking to some shows :D

That being said, here's what I've got so far on the build I'm doing with the Vantasy kit-

2012051623_14_19-vi.jpg

2012051623_12_23-vi.jpg

2012051623_14_40-vi.jpg

2012051623_14_54-vi.jpg

...I wonder what goes in here?

2012051623_15_17-vi.jpg

More on the builds as I make progress!

Edited by ZombieHunter26

Ok, progress on the Waste Buggy.

It's in primer, waiting for it's paint job... but that doesn't stop it from looking awesome so far-

Just a quick overview, this build has no "make, model, year" to base it on. The engine is completely parts boxed, and all the pieces are scratch built or parts boxed as well.

It has a .30 cal minigun attached to it, belt fed from the rear end of the vehicle (which is also where the gas tank is housed). This was scratched from styrene rod and parts box fodder...

the roof flips back (I will be putting in a hydraulic rod in the rear of the cab for open-cab shots) to allow access to the inside.

I will also be putting rubber tires on after the paint job is finished.

Without further adieu, here is the Waste Buggy in primer-

2012051617_32_35-vi.jpg

2012051617_32_43-vi.jpg

2012051617_32_50-vi.jpg

2012051617_33_01-vi.jpg

2012051617_33_19-vi.jpg

Coming up later this evening or tomorrow- my van build....

'til next time!

Rob, you are really KILLING me with these builds. Wow, they just keep getting more and more beautiful in that TZH sort of way. LOVE IT! Thanks for the eye candy.

Year Rob, I love that van too.

Great rivet job.

Rivets. Bring on the rivets !!!

Jim, I hope you are working on a project for the THZ CARAVAN. I know you find this kind of stuff irresistible. Oh yeah. Yes, yes, yes, bring it on Mr. Hollywood.

Rob, you are really KILLING me with these builds. Wow, they just keep getting more and more beautiful in that TZH sort of way. LOVE IT! Thanks for the eye candy.

Never a problem Doc! And the builds I'm doing now, the more "high quality" ones-

Those are going with me Nov 10th to the ACME Southern Nats show :D so you will get to see them in person.

Edited by ZombieHunter26

We've got some more van progress-

WARLORD 14T is nearing the completion stage, and I figured I'd get you some visuals of the interior before it's sealed away inside forever...

2012051800_10_23-vi.jpg

2012051800_10_52-vi.jpg

2012051800_10_40-vi.jpg

2012051800_13_40-vi.jpg

2012051800_14_49-vi.jpg

The weapons in question are the Thompson M1, MK14 Carbine, and the Mossberg 500 shotgun. The weapons system on the rear is a hellfire missile launching apparatus. Think AGM, but launched from the back of the van.

More after the break...

2012051800_14_23-vi.jpg

2012051800_15_18-vi.jpg

2012051800_16_08-vi.jpg

FTS is an acronym for a phrase denoting how displeased the driver is with The System... if anyone was wondering about that little graphic on the side panel.

"RAIN DEATH FROM ABOVE" is inscribed on the opposing side panel, and "WARLORD 14T" adorns the hood.

14T is a reference to the Army MOS 14 Tango, which dealt with a patriot missile-related job. Although this vehicle launches HELLFIRE and not PATRIOT missiles, I still think it's a relevant reference.

Still got some paint to do, and tires to throw on it...

So keep checkin back!

Jim, every time I see you here I get extremely happy knowing that you are now retired and you finally can build to your hearts content. It must be a great feeling. I, on the other hand, have about 10-12 years to go before I get there.

Rob, you keep hitting homeruns. Man, you are not only talented and prolific, but your imagination is really good. You must have a nice collection of these by now. You are keeping GENERAL EYEGORE very happy!

It's getting to the point where I'm gonna have to either donate, trade, or sell my earlier builds if I dont find some room somewhere for 'em! It's crazy.