Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Found this website that has soem interestign 1/24 diorama accesories.

http://www.vstank.co.../home/home.html

Need to get back to work on my stuff, just got burnt out dealing with too many projects at once, and then dealing with wife aggro, and a recent funeral and the fallout from that.

Very cool! Very expensive :-( lets hope they get popular ... and cheap. Thanks for the heads up.

Mocked up front suspension:

0528121823.jpg

I cut the frame in half and made a couple extensions. Now I need to figure out the best way of piecing it back together. Any suggestions?

I would try to fit some scale C channel into the rails, and then some larger channel for the extensions, from what I have seen of the over all design, the frame wouldn't be too visible on the truck to begin with, and it's easy to explain that the frame was " reinforced " for better durability in a possible impact

Edited by TimberWolf429

I have sort of run out of steam on modeling for a while boys and girls. Got lots of stuff going on at work (odd shifts that keep changing) and at home (house hunting) and just keeps stealing my free time so I never really get into that zone where things get accomplished. I'll be back when things calm down. Keep building.

Also I won't be at the IPMS Nats in Orlando after all. I'm not an IPMS member and I'm not going to pay to join just to enter the show.

Thanks Dennis. This build is a first for me on quite a few parts and mods.

No prob, anything I can do to help other people enjoy this hobby as much as I do, just makes me enjoy it more. To tell you the truth, the Widow Maker was the first post apocalyptic vehicle I ever tried, and I think it came out looking really good, you just gotta go with you're gut, and let the creativity flow into the model. Keep the truck coming, it's gonna be one mean looking Mack that'll put the Rubber Duck's to shame

Edited by TimberWolf429

The Heartland Model Car Nationals will be on the 9th and 10th of June, I'll be getting as many photos as I can, and I'm trying to get my mud trucks ready for the show. My Widow Maker will be in it, I also have a 1984 Ford Bronco, 1991 lifted Ford F-250, 1975 Chevy K-5 Blazer, and a salvaged 1956 Ford pickup that'll be in the show. Can't wait to attend the show, and share the styrene beauties with you all!!!

Littl bit of mock up. Trying to figure out what to use for the top turret. I have a few of the lowboy electrical transformers that seem to be the right height. The bed is just a livestock trailer roof. Though the length and width are close.

0531122313.jpg

I want to get the cab to set about this high and these tires.

HeightofcabonB87.jpg

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

Updates, Updates! Everything is looking good from you guys. Hopefully mine will turn out that good. I need to do some casting for a .50 cal ma duece and such. But this is where I am now. I took the big step and no turnin' back now. The turret looks a little off but is actually centered in the cab. Shaved a bit much off one side so I will need to infill.

0601121901.jpg

0601121902.jpg

0601121903_01.jpg

0601121904_01.jpg

0601121906.jpg

0601122025.jpg

I took the lowboy trailer kit and hacked the center section out which made it perfect lenth. Then I plan to hack apart some of the transformers to build the roof turret section. Got the tires and wheels figured out thanks to Dave at AITM. We also figured cab mounts need raised and possible suspension lift. We'll see.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759